We recently stayed at Stay Central for a Hen Weekend. Having found the place on-line we'll admit we were wondering if the place was too good to be true ... from the website it looked stylish, a great selection of rooms (singles, doubles, twins, bunk rooms), funky décor, GHD's in the rooms, and a 10% group discount ... well, shame on us, we shouldn't have doubted for a second. Stay Central was just perfect - and exceeded all our expectations. It's also in a great location too - a very short 5 minute walk from the Castle and Royal Mile.
The rooms appear freshly decorated and are spotless, they are spacious and light too, and the décor is brilliant - fun, modern, fresh - flat screen TV's, fluffy duvets, soft beds, walk-in showers, thoughtful touches like black out blinds, de-misting mirrors, herbal teas (as well as breakfast teas) and teacakes in the room! I've stayed in 5* establishments at much higher prices that have not been as good!
The Three Sisters Pub is attached to the hotel and offers cheap breakfasts £5pp - we didn't try them, but we did order some very tasty stone-baked pizzas, which they were more than happy to deliver to the room while we were enjoy a few games & glasses of bubbles. We also enjoyed a few sharing plates of food throughout the weekend sat in the very large courtyard (which was often crammed full of people (mostly men) watching the giant sports screens. The pub also offers a number of 'Hen Packages' and private spaces where you can enjoy them. They helped us organise a 'Butler in the Buff' in the bunk room we'd hired - who was brilliant fun, we definitely got more than we bargained for, and he was such a fun guy and helped get the weekend's activities in full swing!!
The staff at Stay Central are the other main reason this place is so great! Welcoming, friendly, super helpful, couldn't do more for you - a very relaxed and easy-going attitude, but completely on the ball, efficient and wanted us to have a great time. Perfect attitude.
We were a little worried the hotel would be wild and noisy (even though we were a Hen Party) However at night it was very quiet. Once the bar closes (2am) people vacate quickly and the place is completely silent. The pub next door is loud & full, which actually we felt created a great atmosphere, perfect for the kind of weekend we wanted. Don't be fooled into thinking this place is just for groups - there were a complete mix of guests, and next time I come to Edinburgh with my friends or hubby I'll not think twice about returning.
Great people, Great Rooms, Great Value for Money, Great Location. Great Atmosphere. Enjoy!
And THANK YOU to all the staff who made our weekend so much fun!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At STAY central we aim a little bit higher than just providing you with a good night's sleep. We have 37 fresh and refurbished bedrooms perfect for 2 to share or bedrooms for up to 6 guests. We like to look after you and free Wi-Fi is a must for our guests. Each of our lovely bedrooms have large flat screen TV's, iPod docks, rain fall style showers to get lathered up in and lots of little extras you won't expect. Located in the heart of Edinburgh's eclectic Cowgate surrounding the famous lively Three Sisters bar, STAY Central is a short stroll from everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Stay Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tailors Hall
- Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh
- Stay Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland