The rooms are basically within a pub/beer garden environment. It's really good if you want to party and have a good time. But it's not recommended if you want to have a good night's sleep. The noise from upstairs, where there is another bar area was unbearable and didn't stop until 3 am. Another big problem for me was that you couldn't open the windows as they were sealed. If you are claustrophic or want to breathe fresh air it's difficult.
On the other hand the rooms are very stylish and decorated with much care and detail. Everything was very new and super clean. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
Overall it's nice, but be prepared to join the party crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At STAY central we aim a little bit higher than just providing you with a good night's sleep. We have 37 fresh and refurbished bedrooms perfect for 2 to share or bedrooms for up to 6 guests. We like to look after you and free Wi-Fi is a must for our guests. Each of our lovely bedrooms have large flat screen TV's, iPod docks, rain fall style showers to get lathered up in and lots of little extras you won't expect. Located in the heart of Edinburgh's eclectic Cowgate surrounding the famous lively Three Sisters bar, STAY Central is a short stroll from everywhere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Stay Central Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Tailors Hall
- Tailors Hall Hotel Edinburgh
- Stay Central Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland