The disabled room was a little small if you have a wheelchair, but the bathroom was good with a wetroom shower. Access was easy from the level ground floor facilities via the wide entrance lift. Parking was free (as it should be at every hotel), and the staff extreemly polite and helpful.
They ran out of wine in the evening after selling two bottles, and only offered two kinds of pizza as the food option, although several local restaurants offered a delivery service and you were welcome to eat this in the Great Room, and enjoy all day comp coffee and fruit juices. The location, opposite the Ocean Terminal, Shopping Centre and Royal Yacht Britannia was ideal for us, and there is a good, cheap and regular bus service to the centre of Edinburgh.
Whilst at long last Holiday Inn Express are offering an included hot breakfast, this consisted of a choice of three - sausage, baked beans and some form of scrambled eggs. The eggs were poor, very overcooked and dry, but the cold selection of meats, fruit and cheese was good.
Overall the stay was very good, and I would happily return again, but hope that the eggs improve.
By all means stay in the city centre if you wish, but remember that parking can be a problem, as can the noise, so this option in Leith (well signposted if you follow The Royal Yacht signs) may well be better if you value your sleep!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Reception, bar and Great Room lounge are undergoing a fabulous transformation from January to early February 2018. During this time, there will be no food available and guests will receive a continental Grab & Go breakfast. We can't wait to unveil our cool new look! Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront offering free Wi-Fi, cool and convenient bedrooms and great value rates with an inclusive buffet breakfast. Enjoy free parking (limited spaces) at the hotel and its superb location, which is ideal for exploring this charming and fascinating city. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront is located next to Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh's newest leisure and shopping destination, the Scottish Executive, the Royal Yacht Britannia & close to all major business areas. The old port area of Edinburgh-Leith has many atmospheric bars, bistros and boutiques & is only 1.5 miles from the city centre. Alternatively you can relax and unwind in our cosy lounge bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Leith
- Leith Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Scotland