I stayed here on Friday and Saturday nightjust gone, for a work course I was on at a nearby gym.
Check in was easy no fuss, as we arrives around 8pm, first room was very clean but very cold, we stuck the heater on via the air con unit, then went across to ocean terminal, which is a 2min walk, for some food. Arrived back, got ready for bed, and were awoken at 2.30am to watch can only be described as 1000s of bees stuck in the window. It was in fact the wind whistling through the drafty gaps in the window, and it was very noisy! We rang down to reception to see if they had ear plus (I always forget to pack mine) he said, no, but will look for some cotton wool??? Whilst I know he was trying to be helpful it wasn't a great option. He didn't have any and suggested my partner come and view a different room, which was around the side of the building and much quieter. We hopped into that bed and moved our stuff then next morning.
Apart from that, the hotel was very quiet even though looking at the car park, it looked like a pretty full weekend. Bed was comfy, pillows were comfy, shower was amazing.
Breakfast was just enough for being complimentary, I ate at 7.30am both mornings so it was a pretty quiet experience for me.
Its a good location for restaurants, a bit out of the way of this city, and good value fo £89 for 2 nights. However if I were to pay the rack rate of £189.99 and get the first room we have, I wouldn't be happy.
But maybe some of that dosh could go to sealing their windows properly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront offering free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, great value rates with an inclusive buffet breakfast. Enjoy free parking at the hotel and its superb location, which is ideal for exploring this charming and fascinating city. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront is located next to Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh's newest leisure and shopping destination, the Scottish Executive, the Royal Yacht Britannia & close to all major business areas. The old port area of Edinburgh-Leith has many atmospheric bars, bistros and boutiques & is only 1.5 miles from the city centre. Alternatively you can relax and unwind in our cosy lounge bar. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront has good parking with 60 spaces available at the hotel on a first-come-first-served basis and there is also ample additional parking available at Ocean Terminal, opposite. There is a frequent public bus service from the front door making it an ideal location for visiting all of Edinburgh's famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, The Royal Mile, Princes Street, national museums and galleries. We are delighted to unveil our brand new bedrooms which feature a whole new look. You can enjoy modern décor, irons and ironing boards and brand new hairdryers so that you look your best. Additionally our bedrooms are now packed with even more facilities including a comfy sofa (in family rooms) with a movable table, a wall-mounted TV, USB ports and power sockets next to your bed, nifty reading lights and full-width curtains which will make the rooms even cosier. The en suite shower rooms have also been spruced up with cool, fresh decor. We can't wait for your to experience our cool new look! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Leith
- Leith Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Scotland