Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront
US$247
Waldorf Astoria
US$107
  • Pool
Murrayfield Hotel and House(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$849
US$683
Hotels.com
1,532 results
All reviewsocean terminalthe royal yacht britanniahi expressbus stop right outside the hotelfree wifibus serviceday ticketthe sofa bedfrequent busesminute bus ridebreakfast was includedbudget hotelnumber busyogurtshort staytea and coffeebars and restaurants
Reviewed 21 March 2014

If and anyone can find a hotel in Edinburgh for 2people including a buffet breakfast for £50 then they have done well. Cannot fault anything about the hotel and the staff. Ideal location for visit to . Royal Yacht. Bus fare from city centre to Hotel is only £1.50p. Cannot believe some of the negative comments from the moaners. Makes me think they reviewed the wrong hotel.
Road noise, watery eggs, lumpy pillows cold rooms..etc etc Utter rubbish. Cannot believe how the management can be so polite when replying to these comments.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chick60Middlesbrough
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear chick60middlesbrough,

Thank you for this great review of your stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you were satisfied with all aspects of your stay. It is really encouraging to hear such lovely comments. We do appreciate all feedback that we receive from our guests as it helps us improve and maintain our high service standards.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Lovely hotel in all senses. Very helpful staff, amazingly clean rooms, huge variety for breakfast (which is free!), free parking, free wifi, even down to choosing firm or soft pillows!

Even though the hotel is outside the city centre, the 45 min walk to princes street is easy and passes a variety of shops and cafes making it an interesting little stroll. (A taxi only cost £ 8 anyway)

We're definitely staying the next time were up!

• Stayed: March 2014
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Dear Meghorner,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. It’s great to hear that all aspects of your stay were to your satisfaction.

We look forward to welcoming you to the hotel next time you are up.

Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Having stayed & enjoyed holiday inns before we knew what to expect. However the breafast was slightly disappointing compared to others. The orange juice was watered down the beans were anaemic & the egg was runny.
The bar was the most expensive drink we had in Edinburgh but 'good measures'.
The bed was comfy but the pillows hard but the shower was fabulous.
The location was excellent for what we wanted & yes we would stay again!

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Kellyandy_11,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am pleased to hear that you would choose to stay again.

Thank you for your feedback we are always eager to learn what we are doing well and also how we can improve. I am pleased to hear that you would choose to stay again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Just spent 3 nights here and have to say everything about our stay was perfect.. We had a good deal on our stay through my wife's Nhs discount and on arrival we knew straight away we chose a good hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and always found the time to talk to our 3 1/2 year old daughter. The room was very clean and well equipped with everything we needed. The location is perfect as its a reasonably quiet area and within a stones throw away with a modern shopping centre with lots of restaurants open till late. You will also find a bus stop right outside the hotel where there is a bus literally every 5 minutes to take you to the city centre. All in all we couldn't fault our stay and are already planning another trip to do the things we didn't get around to and will happily stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor at the front and although some people say its noisy then they must be very light sleepers as it was never a problem for us.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Dave C
GMexpressedinburgh, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2014

Dear Dave C,

Thank you for this lovely review of your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that your stay was perfect and that our team did a great job of looking after you and your family. I hope that you will plan another visit and if you need any more tips on things to see and do please just let us know.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed here with my partner and hound for three nights on a wonderful deal my partner found on Hot UK Deals. But I would stay here again anyway.

The staff member who checked us in seemed a little like he was counting the minutes down til clocking off, but overall the staff were wonderfully helpful, friendly and made a very positive environment to stay in. As we had pooch with us, he said they had made the effort to place us on the ground floor to help - this was much appreciated and very thoughtful.

Room was clean and tidy and had everything you needed really. hairdryer was there too which was alright actually (most hotel hairdryers are pretty rubbish) but I took my own just to be on the safe side. Tea, coffee etc duly provided however, would appreciate some biscuits (shortbread would have been good, I mean come on. We're in Scotland!) with the other amenities.

Breakfast was good, this comes as standard with your room booking. Wide range of cereals, a whole array of teas and billions of sausages. The first morning I thought I had missed bacon (I do like a good bacon butty, me) so was eager to have some the next morning, but it was a no show. If you like sausages great - but there was a severe lack of bacon. Sad face.
Plenty of orange juice, cheese and yogurts. Great to set you up for a hard days exploring.

Beds comfy, with selection of pillows. Walls are thin-ish. Last night we could hear a bloke's alarm clock go off and pressed snooze from 3am - 4.30am. What. A. Joy. He turned it off though whenever he heard a swift thump on wall from yours truly (a total of 5 times..) So I would come armed with ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, like me. Not hotels fault, just rude guest who love his snooze button.

Location? Great. Short trip to the Royal Mile. Right on the front and next to the Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre with your usual shops like H&M, Waterstones etc and a Vue cinema if you have some time to kill. Also a Tesco round the corner.

Also, a great selection of your usual eateries - Frankie & Benny's (we went one night, it was OK. as to be expected), Bella Italia etc etc if you have an iPhone, or can download VoucherCloud, you can get some vouchers/money off etc for most of the places in here. There is a curry house next to the hotel "Brittania Spice" - we didn't go as couldn't find it on TripAdvisor.. But looked OK.

The place I would tell you you HAVE to go to is Chop Chop, an authentic Chinese just behind the hotel. If you walk down the road in between the hotel and Brittania Spice, it is on the Quays near the bottom. I will be writing a review about here - honestly one of the best meals I think I have ever had.

To reiterate, free parking and pooch friendly. I would suggest mentioning upon booking if you plan to take your pet. Just to be courteous and in case you have any questions etc.

So! Would stay here again for sure. Thumbs up, Holiday Inn Waterfront!

Room Tip: As said before, if light sleeper, come armed with ear plugs in case you're plonked next to a rude guest (obviously not hotel's fault.)
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RachelRS
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear RachelRS,
Many thanks for taking the time to post your very review and thank you also for providing us with a very comprehensive overview. It is much appreciated.
I’m delighted that you were pleased with most aspects of your stay and I apologise that you were disturbed by noise from a neighbouring room.
I’m glad that we were able to provide you with a ground floor room as you had your dog with you. We feel that allocating rooms on the ground floor makes it easier for guests to be able to take their pets out for walks without the hassle of taking them into lifts etc.
Unfortunately the free Express Start hot buffet breakfast does not include bacon though I am glad that you enjoyed the choices that we offer on our breakfast buffet.
There are a huge number of restaurants within a few minutes walk if the local area and these provide a wide choice for guests visiting the area and I’m glad that you enjoyed the restaurants that you visited.
Many thanks once again for your review and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time that you visit Edinburgh.
Kind regards,