1,640 results
All reviews ocean terminal the royal yacht britannia hi express bus stop right outside the hotel bus service day ticket free wifi the sofa bed frequent buses minute bus ride number bus breakfast was included budget hotel yogurt short stay tea and coffee bars and restaurants
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Stayed here for an overnight 06-04-2014. Staff could not have been more helpful dealing with minor issues. Free Wi-Fi and breakfast a nice extra. Would stay here again when in or near Edinburgh. Good value if pre-booked early.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear Andrew Q,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted that you felt that our staff could not have been more helpful, that you were able to take advantage of our free wi-fi access available throughout the hotel and found our free Express Start breakfast to be a nice extra.
I’m so glad that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel and while we were there a member of our party became ill and had to be taken to hospital. The staff at the hotel were absolutely excellent, they made space for us during a very busy time and were helpful and compassionate at all times. In my opinion there is no place else to stay in Edinburgh.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Catherine M,
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.
I’m so glad that our staff were able to offer help, assistance and compassion during what was a very worrying time for you.
We all wish your mother a very speedy recovery and we look forward to welcoming you back in the winter.

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Back again! We stay here every time we come to the Capital City. It's so friendly and convenient. Thanks to Gosia and Nicola for sorting out our muddled booking with no fuss, and to Gosia for just remembering me.
Only gripe: some guests park in the accessible parking spaces without a blue badge - AAAAGGHHH. Sorry Nicola for giving you a hard time about that and thank you for listening; I know it's not the fault of you or the staff. I'm all for making a public announcement of their registration numbers and then putting them in the (metaphorical) stocks for this act of selfish and inconsiderate boorishness.
We'll be back and we love it.

Room tip: Smile and be polite; all the rooms seem good to me
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank ConsultantNomad

Dear ConsultantNomad,
Welcome back and thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us!
I’m delighted that you stay with us every time that you visit Edinburgh and that you found our hotel to be so friendly and convenient.
Gosia is delighted that you have mentioned her as she does epitomise the friendly manner with which all of our staff deal with all of our guests.
Nicola is also delighted that you have remembered the manner in which she dealt with your gripe about some guests ‘illegally’ parking in accessible spaces. There is of course no reason for you to apologise as we know how frustrating this can be for some guests.
We do try to keep a note of the car registration numbers of all guest cars in case we need to ask them to move to other spaces but there are occasions when a guest does not give the required information on check-in.
We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

a very good hotel there is a bus stop by the hotel so if you want to park car its easy to get around edinburgh. there is a shopping mall across the road and nearby restaurants which are very good especially at the shore which is a short walk away. the bedrooms are clean and spacious. staff are very helpful and friendly. the breakfast was lovely and plenty choices. you also can have a free newspaper at reception. what is not to like ?

Room tip: the rooms are nice and quiet
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear scotlandmargo,
Thank you so much for posting a review of your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted that you found our bedrooms to be clean and spacious, our staff very helpful and friendly and enjoyed our free Express Start hot buffet breakfast.
I’m glad that you were able to take advantage of our free parking so that you were able to leave your car at the hotel and use the very frequent public bus service to explore the city.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed in the Hotel for two nights and the location of the Hotel is very good, very near to Sea shore and just in front of Britannia. The ambiance was classic and the bedding was warm and comfortable and so are the bathroom and bath tub. The breakfast does not have vast menu options, but good enough. Being a vegetarian I did not have much options to cheer about.
You can just get a day pass for Lothian buses (which costs 3.50£) and get into 35 number bus from Airport, and get down just in front of the Hotel. Royal Mile, City center and princess street are just 20 mins away on the bus ( bus no 25 - day pass will work here ).

Will recommend it if you are on budget and want to have a pleasant stay

Room tip: As for the room with a view to the streets. You can watch sunset.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear anilsoma,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’m so glad that you enjoyed our location with it’s easy access to the local amenities such as the Royal Yacht Britannia.
I’m delighted that felt that the ambience of the hotel was classic and that you found our bedding as well as our bathrooms to be warm and comfortable.
We do offer a wide range of items on our free Express Start breakfast buffet and I’m sory that you did not feel that we offered enough choice for vegetarians.
I’m so glad that you would recommend us to others and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.