1,595 results
All reviews ocean terminal the royal yacht britannia hi express bus stop right outside the hotel bus service free wifi day ticket the sofa bed frequent buses budget hotel breakfast was included number bus minute bus ride yogurt short stay tea and coffee bars and restaurants
Reviewed 15 June 2014

stayed for one night hotel in a great location with plenty of parking spaces, staff in the hotel were friendly and helpful, the room was a good size and spacious also very clean. the wifi in the room was good. the breakfast was quite good (continental) would stay here again.there is a bus stop outside the front doors which is handy if you want to go into town and they are quite regular

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear William57,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed our location, were able to make use of our free parking and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful.
I’m so glad that you found your room to be spacious and clean, found our free wi-fi to be good and that you enjoyed our free Express Start hot buffet breakfast.
I’m delighted that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you bck the next time that you are visiting Edinburgh.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Comfortable room, helpful and friendly staff. Gave us some very usefull tips for sightseeing Edinburgh and how to manage the publik transport. We had some problems with our MGB and they did some phone calls for us.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Thomas B,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you found your room to be comfortable and found our staff to be friendly and helpful.
I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

It was very nice to be able to park the car (and we were even able to see our car from our window) and not have to drive in Edinburgh. The bus stop was right outside the entrance of the hotel and made for very easy and cheap travel while in the city (even if you just take the bus down to the a more central part of the city).

My husband and I were traveling with my parents and both rooms were clean and comfortable. Being slightly away from heavy travel it was quite at night and the mall across the street provided various restaurants inside if you were hungry after a day sightseeing.

We found the staff friendly and helpful, providing us with a map of the city and their recommendations. The breakfast in the morning is good. We had a dirty cup but it was easy enough to switch it out and didn't warrant a meltdown. We snagged a few "portable" bits from breakfast so we had a snack while out during the day! : )

We enjoyed out stay and would visit again if in Edinburgh

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Spacescoob,
Thank you so much for posting a very positive review of your recent stay with us..
I’m so glad that you found our team to be friendly and helpful and enjoyed our free Express Start hot buffet breakfast.
I’m delighted that you found your rooms to be clean and comfortable and that you were able to take advantage of our free car park while you made use of the very frequent and cheap public transport to the city.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time that you are in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights while on vacation. The man at the reception desk was not overly friendly to say the least. However, during the rest of the stay the other desk workers were much kinder and willing to be of help. The location was not in city center bus buses stop just in front of the hotel often so it wasn't a problem to get around. There was also a shopping mall within walking distance that was home to the royal yacht tours so it was very convenient for that.
The layout of the room and bathroom was very disc unctions for me but again for just 2 nights it was tolerable. We dined on the pizza cooked in the hotel one evening and it was quite tasty. The breakfast was okay.
Overall the hotel was clean so I would consider staying here again if ever back in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear BLH31605,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’m delighted that you enjoyed our location within easy reach of both the local amenities and tourist attractions and also the city centre using the very frequent public bus service which runs from just outside the hotel entrance.
I’m so glad that you enjoyed your pizza and also ur free Express Start hot buffet breakfast.
I’m also glad that you found the majority of our staff to be friendly and helpful though I apologise if you felt that one member was not overly friendly.
I’m delighted that you would stay with us again and we look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back the next time that you are visiting Edinburgh.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Just had 3 nights here. When we first saw the room we thought it was minimalist in the extreme. However as we unpacked we realised that it was well designed and there was room for everything after all. Mind you, we are the tidy sort! No wardrobe or drawers, just open shelves and 6 coathangers.If you had a familybooking to make, check the size carefully. I would imagine it would only just be possible.
Some features included - soft and firm pillows, just liquid soap in bathroom ( but all extras could be requested) and a very large TV.
Breakfast pretty basic, queue at a buffet. Only simple cereals, but yoghurts can be found in the fridge and there are apples and oranges available. Hot food was just beans,scrambled eggs and sausages. Sliced bread for toast and criossants/pan au chocolat. A good idea to eat downstairs if you want some room

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear mfeakin,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I’m so glad that you found that you room was well designed and you were able to find room for all of your luggage and belongings and we would have been more than happy to provide extra coat hangers had you requested them.
Our free Express Start buffet breakfast contains a wide choice of hot and cold items and I am glad that you found these choices to your liking.
I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time that you visit Edinburgh.