1,589 results
All reviewsocean terminalthe royal yacht britanniahi expressbus stop right outside the hotelbus servicefree wifiday ticketthe sofa bedfrequent busesbudget hotelbreakfast was includednumber busminute bus rideyogurtshort staytea and coffeebars and restaurants
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here foe two nights. It was great to find a place to stay in the city where we didnt have to worry about parking.

There is a bus stop right outside which will take you into the centre.

The room was clean and spacious, with a comfy bed and offered tea/coffee, a tv and hair dryer.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty great with a lot to choose from (only downside was that there was no bacon on offer : ( ).

Staff are really friendly and welcoming and willing to help. Given we were staying in the city as well and with good parking the price was pretty fair to be honest and we would consider staying here again. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank blackrosepetals91
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear blackrosepetals91,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you found your room to be clean and spacious and your bed to be comfy.
I'm so glad that you were able to make use of our free parking and found our staff to be friendly, welcoming and willing to help and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not luxurious but clean quiet and comfortable with an included breakfast. Plenty of eateries in the area and just opposite the Royal Yacht Britannia and a swish shopping centre. There is a bus service right outside but a very pleasant walk to the city centre is via cycle route 75. This also takes you to the Botanical Gardens leith is an odd mix of run down vs yuppieville but always felt safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Pam T,
Thank you so much for providing us with s great review of your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you found our hotel to be clean,quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed our location.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were very pleased with this large quiet, clean, affordable hotel next to the Royal Yacht Britannia. The staff is excellent and can't do enough for you. We were on the top floor next to the elevator, which worried us at first, but we never heard a sound from it or other guests. The room was roomy with a settee; the bedding was great and included soft and hard pillows. There was plenty of space to set our things, which we didn't realize was so important until we had place that didn't. Complaints? Not one. We knew we'd have to take the bus, which stops right outside, or take a taxi to Edinburgh's major attractions. We opted for the latter, which ran 8£-14£. This is the perfect location for touring the yacht! Breakfast was very good with lots of selections. We had a car and it was rather painless to head north from here when we checked out, as we could skirt around the busier roads. Would stay here again. Forgot to mention nice bathroom with good shower and a door to seal off the toilet area.

Room Tip: Top floor always means no walking noises above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Linda C,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay, found our staff to be excellent and found our hotel to be quiet, clean and affordable.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location, close to the local amenities and tourist attractions and also the city centre by use of the very frequent public bus service which runs from just outside the hotel entrance.
I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time that you are in Scotland.

Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Good place to stay for trips into Edinburgh. Bus outside the gate number 20 takes you into city within 20-25 mins. Rooms quiet and a good size. Breakfast was good though I didnt like the sausages. I would stay here again if I had the fortune to visit Edinburgh again.

• Stayed: April 2014
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear MacunianOz,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location and found our rooms to be quiet and of a good size.
I do hope that you will have the fortune to be able to visit Edinburgh again and I hope that we may welcome you back to the hotel then.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

Attending an event in the town, this was fine and easy access to the city centre, with a bus stop right outside. Nice hotel, pleasant staff, all in all a good place to stay.
Only NO BACON AT BREAKFAST!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Tink802,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you found us to be a nice hotel with pleasant staff and that you enjoyed our location with it's easy access to the local tourist attractions and amenities and also the city centre via the very frequent public bus service which runs from just outside the hotel entrance.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.