1,587 results
All reviewsocean terminalthe royal yacht britanniahi expressbus stop right outside the hotelbus servicefree wifiday ticketthe sofa bedfrequent busesbudget hotelbreakfast was includednumber busminute bus rideyogurtshort staytea and coffeebars and restaurants
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel in Edinburgh and it is very nice. The bed is very comfortable and large enough for my 6'4" tall husband. The rooms clean. The breakfast was included and very good. Everyone was helpful and nice. I would stay there again. There is a bus stop right outside of the hotel that can take you all over town. There is also a mall down the street.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I saw are nice. Our air condition made a little nice at times but my sister and her husband had a room next to ours and they had no noice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Debra W,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you found your room to be clean, found your bed to be comfortable and enjoyed our inclusive breakfast.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location, found our team to be helpful and nice and that you would stay with us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Stayed for 1 night with our dog, nice quiet area, clean, good food, tea and coffee in room, staff very friendly and helpful. Plenty of buses into town centre. My partner is disabled, unfortunately all the disabled bays were full with other guest who weren't disabled and we ended up having to park on the street

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Dear 706willy,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and found our hotel to be clean and our staff to be friendly and helpful.
I'm sorry that you were unable to find a free disabled parking space in our car park. We do try our utmost to ensure that only those displaying badges use these bays but it can be difficult for us when the hotel is very busy. If you could contact us prior to your next arrival we will ensure that a bollard is placed in a space for you.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here foe two nights. It was great to find a place to stay in the city where we didnt have to worry about parking.

There is a bus stop right outside which will take you into the centre.

The room was clean and spacious, with a comfy bed and offered tea/coffee, a tv and hair dryer.

Breakfast in the morning was pretty great with a lot to choose from (only downside was that there was no bacon on offer : ( ).

Staff are really friendly and welcoming and willing to help. Given we were staying in the city as well and with good parking the price was pretty fair to be honest and we would consider staying here again. I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank blackrosepetals91
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear blackrosepetals91,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you found your room to be clean and spacious and your bed to be comfy.
I'm so glad that you were able to make use of our free parking and found our staff to be friendly, welcoming and willing to help and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 July 2014

Not luxurious but clean quiet and comfortable with an included breakfast. Plenty of eateries in the area and just opposite the Royal Yacht Britannia and a swish shopping centre. There is a bus service right outside but a very pleasant walk to the city centre is via cycle route 75. This also takes you to the Botanical Gardens leith is an odd mix of run down vs yuppieville but always felt safe.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Dear Pam T,
Thank you so much for providing us with s great review of your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you found our hotel to be clean,quiet and comfortable and that you enjoyed our location.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were very pleased with this large quiet, clean, affordable hotel next to the Royal Yacht Britannia. The staff is excellent and can't do enough for you. We were on the top floor next to the elevator, which worried us at first, but we never heard a sound from it or other guests. The room was roomy with a settee; the bedding was great and included soft and hard pillows. There was plenty of space to set our things, which we didn't realize was so important until we had place that didn't. Complaints? Not one. We knew we'd have to take the bus, which stops right outside, or take a taxi to Edinburgh's major attractions. We opted for the latter, which ran 8£-14£. This is the perfect location for touring the yacht! Breakfast was very good with lots of selections. We had a car and it was rather painless to head north from here when we checked out, as we could skirt around the busier roads. Would stay here again. Forgot to mention nice bathroom with good shower and a door to seal off the toilet area.

Room Tip: Top floor always means no walking noises above.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear Linda C,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay, found our staff to be excellent and found our hotel to be quiet, clean and affordable.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location, close to the local amenities and tourist attractions and also the city centre by use of the very frequent public bus service which runs from just outside the hotel entrance.
I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time that you are in Scotland.