1,588 results
All reviewsocean terminalthe royal yacht britanniahi expressbus stop right outside the hotelbus servicefree wifiday ticketthe sofa bedfrequent busesbudget hotelbreakfast was includednumber busminute bus rideyogurtshort staytea and coffeebars and restaurants
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I haven't stayed often at the Holiday Inn chain, but decided on this one due to getting a reasonable midweek deal. This Holiday Inn is situated near the Ocean Terminal area,which boasts a large number of shops and the Royal Yacht Britannia. We arrived early, but it was nice to get early access to our room which was ready and were allocated room 401, which overlooks the rear car park of the premises. Check-in was good, quick and friendly. The girl on reception also informed us of a bus stop directly outside. which regularly runs a service to the City centre about 10 mins away. Cost £1.50 single. Our room was adequate if not overlay spacious. The biggest issue was a badly stained valance on the bed, however I was not in a position to raise this with the management or housekeeping due to having a prior appointment in the afternoon. The hot tap in the bathroom was also very difficult to turn off and on and my wife found it impossible to operate. The car park is pretty spacious and is free. We got a good nights sleep and no noise was heard to disturb us either from other guests or from outside. Our breakfast which is built into the cost, is not any better than basic and pretty uninspiring. Like another previous reviewer, it would appear that the Holiday Inn do not offer bacon, with the main items on offer for the cooked breakfast being one type of sausage, scrambled eggs and tomato. The quality of the orange juice was pretty poor and ours was undrinkable, but I think that was down to the dispenser appearing to be nearly empty leaving the taste being very bland. Overall, decent location, service was good at reception but I would always insist on a clean room, with the basics like fixtures and fittings, being in decent working order

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear BordersRover,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us and for providing us with valuable feedback on your stay.
I’m so sorry that the valance on your bed was stained and that your wife found the hot tap difficult to operate. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness that we offer in our guest rooms and I’m sorry that our high standards were not present in your room. Whilst I understand that you were unable to bring these concerns to our attention during your stay I am sure that had you done so our team would have done their utmost to resolve them to your satisfaction.
As we do not have a room 401 in the hotel I have sent you a personal message so that you may provide me with further details of your stay.
I’m glad to hear that our front desk team were able to allocate you a room on your early arrival, that you found the service offered by our reception team to be good and that you enjoyed our location and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family and I stayed a week in Holiday Inn Express. It was very cosy and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is very good. There are number of buses going to the city centre so transportation is easy and cheap.
All in all,we enjoyed our trip in Edinburgh and we loved our hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Aruzubal,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us.
I'm delighted that you found our hotel to be cosy and clean, found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our location.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Edinburgh and that you loved our hotel.
I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is situated quite a way from the city centre, which makes things easier if you are driving. However, there are plenty of shops and restaurants in the nearby Ocean Terminal complex. It has the comfortable, airy and well-equipped rooms you expect from a relatively modern hotel. Breakfast is included and it helps to have sharp elbows when using the self-service buffet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear John H,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay.
I'm delighted that you found our rooms to be comfortable, airy well equipped.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location and we do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

2 night stay whilst visiting Scotland with family. Very happy with overall service, staff friendly and polite. Room spacious and clean, although we did have to ask for a second bath towel in our room, as did our son and girlfriend too. Breakfast nice with plenty of choice of food.
Bus stop right outside for easy access into the city. Great sightseeing and lovely places to dine.
Reasonably priced hotel for location. We would definitely consider staying here on a future visit.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank [Mt]Nigel, Sand... P

Dear [Mt]Nigel,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you were happy with the overall service that we provide and that you found our staff to be friendly and polite.
I'm so happy that you found your room to be spacious and clean. I apologise that you had to request extra towels though we do provide a second set in each guest room which can be found on the second shelf of the wardrobe.
I'm delighted that you would stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Edinburgh.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel in Edinburgh and it is very nice. The bed is very comfortable and large enough for my 6'4" tall husband. The rooms clean. The breakfast was included and very good. Everyone was helpful and nice. I would stay there again. There is a bus stop right outside of the hotel that can take you all over town. There is also a mall down the street.

Room Tip: All of the rooms that I saw are nice. Our air condition made a little nice at times but my sister and her husband had a room next to ours and they had no noice.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Debra W,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you found your room to be clean, found your bed to be comfortable and enjoyed our inclusive breakfast.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location, found our team to be helpful and nice and that you would stay with us again.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.