1,607 results
All reviews ocean terminal the royal yacht britannia hi express bus stop right outside the hotel bus service free wifi day ticket the sofa bed frequent buses budget hotel number bus breakfast was included minute bus ride clean hotel yogurt short stay tea and coffee
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Nice, clean rooms, good temperature control, great breakfast, and convenient bus stop right outside the door. Close walking distance to Britannia, and some great restaurants nearby in the canal area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Mike K,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

This is a no frills hotel. However with a big free car park, bus routes and a shopping and dining areas across the road it is a good alternative to city Center accommodation. One of the bonus points was the royal yacht Britannia only 3 mins walk away!!

The check in/ out is smooth. The breakfast is adequate, but not fine dining by any account!

The staff made up our room into a family room prior to arrival, they also provided us with Emergancy supply's of cotton, needle and button (small child accident).

The Indian across the road has been awarded the best in Scotland, I can see why, it's worth a visit.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Vicky J,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay.
I'm delighted that you found your check in to be smooth, that your room had been made up as a family room prior to your arrival and that our team were able to provide you with assistance and a sewing kit.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location and also enjoyed your meal at one of the many local restaurants.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

I haven't stayed often at the Holiday Inn chain, but decided on this one due to getting a reasonable midweek deal. This Holiday Inn is situated near the Ocean Terminal area,which boasts a large number of shops and the Royal Yacht Britannia. We arrived early, but it was nice to get early access to our room which was ready and were allocated room 401, which overlooks the rear car park of the premises. Check-in was good, quick and friendly. The girl on reception also informed us of a bus stop directly outside. which regularly runs a service to the City centre about 10 mins away. Cost £1.50 single. Our room was adequate if not overlay spacious. The biggest issue was a badly stained valance on the bed, however I was not in a position to raise this with the management or housekeeping due to having a prior appointment in the afternoon. The hot tap in the bathroom was also very difficult to turn off and on and my wife found it impossible to operate. The car park is pretty spacious and is free. We got a good nights sleep and no noise was heard to disturb us either from other guests or from outside. Our breakfast which is built into the cost, is not any better than basic and pretty uninspiring. Like another previous reviewer, it would appear that the Holiday Inn do not offer bacon, with the main items on offer for the cooked breakfast being one type of sausage, scrambled eggs and tomato. The quality of the orange juice was pretty poor and ours was undrinkable, but I think that was down to the dispenser appearing to be nearly empty leaving the taste being very bland. Overall, decent location, service was good at reception but I would always insist on a clean room, with the basics like fixtures and fittings, being in decent working order

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear BordersRover,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us and for providing us with valuable feedback on your stay.
I’m so sorry that the valance on your bed was stained and that your wife found the hot tap difficult to operate. We pride ourselves on the cleanliness that we offer in our guest rooms and I’m sorry that our high standards were not present in your room. Whilst I understand that you were unable to bring these concerns to our attention during your stay I am sure that had you done so our team would have done their utmost to resolve them to your satisfaction.
As we do not have a room 401 in the hotel I have sent you a personal message so that you may provide me with further details of your stay.
I’m glad to hear that our front desk team were able to allocate you a room on your early arrival, that you found the service offered by our reception team to be good and that you enjoyed our location and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

My family and I stayed a week in Holiday Inn Express. It was very cosy and clean. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The location is very good. There are number of buses going to the city centre so transportation is easy and cheap.
All in all,we enjoyed our trip in Edinburgh and we loved our hotel.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2014

Dear Aruzubal,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us.
I'm delighted that you found our hotel to be cosy and clean, found our staff to be friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed our location.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your trip to Edinburgh and that you loved our hotel.
I hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The hotel is situated quite a way from the city centre, which makes things easier if you are driving. However, there are plenty of shops and restaurants in the nearby Ocean Terminal complex. It has the comfortable, airy and well-equipped rooms you expect from a relatively modern hotel. Breakfast is included and it helps to have sharp elbows when using the self-service buffet.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Leith Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear John H,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay.
I'm delighted that you found our rooms to be comfortable, airy well equipped.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location and we do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.