Some people may complain, but this hotel, express inn was by far one of the best. We have been to Edinburgh many times, and have stayed in many a hotel or bed and breakfast. This was super for us, very clean, very helpful as we were here to attend our nieces wedding. They arranged a cab for us to the church and back to the inn, after the reception;. We stayed for a week, and found the buses to the city centre very close by and very timely.
Our room at the hotel was ground floor very close to the lobby, and was indeed helpful from the staff, very clean and when we asked for extra towels it was not a problem.
Breakfast was good, a choice of hot or cold food, fruit tea or coffee. Its more than you get in the USA hotels. Highly recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront offering free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, great value rates with an inclusive buffet breakfast. Enjoy free parking at the hotel and its superb location, which is ideal for exploring this charming and fascinating city. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront is located next to Ocean Terminal, Edinburgh's newest leisure and shopping destination, the Scottish Executive, the Royal Yacht Britannia & close to all major business areas. The old port area of Edinburgh-Leith has many atmospheric bars, bistros and boutiques & is only 1.5 miles from the city centre. Alternatively you can relax and unwind in our cosy lounge bar. The Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Waterfront has good parking with 60 spaces available at the hotel on a first-come-first-served basis and there is also ample additional parking available at Ocean Terminal, opposite. There is a frequent public bus service from the front door making it an ideal location for visiting all of Edinburgh's famous attractions such as Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, The Royal Mile, Princes Street, national museums and galleries. We are delighted to unveil our brand new bedrooms which feature a whole new look. You can enjoy modern décor, irons and ironing boards and brand new hairdryers so that you look your best. Additionally our bedrooms are now packed with even more facilities including a comfy sofa (in family rooms) with a movable table, a wall-mounted TV, USB ports and power sockets next to your bed, nifty reading lights and full-width curtains which will make the rooms even cosier. The en suite shower rooms have also been spruced up with cool, fresh decor. We can't wait for your to experience our cool new look! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Hotel Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Leith
- Leith Holiday Inn Express
- Holiday Inn Edinburgh
- Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront Scotland