“Wedding Trip”

Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront
Ranked #46 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Some people may complain, but this hotel, express inn was by far one of the best. We have been to Edinburgh many times, and have stayed in many a hotel or bed and breakfast. This was super for us, very clean, very helpful as we were here to attend our nieces wedding. They arranged a cab for us to the church and back to the inn, after the reception;. We stayed for a week, and found the buses to the city centre very close by and very timely.
Our room at the hotel was ground floor very close to the lobby, and was indeed helpful from the staff, very clean and when we asked for extra towels it was not a problem.
Breakfast was good, a choice of hot or cold food, fruit tea or coffee. Its more than you get in the USA hotels. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: We staye ground floor, and some say it may be noisy but we had no problem, we were close to the main...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Donna B,
Thank you so much for posting a wonderful review following your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are visiting Edinburgh.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I have just spent the last 2 nights at this hotel. Like other reviews I found that the staff were friendly and helpful. I also enjoyed the room located on the ground floor, no stairs or lift is a bonus at my age. The transport by bus was fun, staff explained about the night rider which I caught back to the hotel after the late tattoo show at the castle. What I did not like was that I made a mistake of leaving my camera behind in the bedroom. When I returned to the hotel and explained that I had made a mistake I was made to feel, that I was lying about the camera. I don't care about the camera anyone can have it what I want is the memory card of the photos took during my visit from Australia to united kingdom. Not happy !!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Mauveen M
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear Mauveen M,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you fund our team to be friendly and helpful, and found your room located on the ground floor suitable for your needs.
I'm sorry that we were unable to locate your camera following your departure from the hotel. As I explained in my e mail to you, the room had been serviced by our in house staff who could not recall seeing the camera in the room. As you had said that you had left it on the unmade bed, and in case it had perhaps been bundled up with the soiled bed linen from the room, our team did check though the outgoing linen but found no sign of the camera. I have also spoken with our external laundry contractor so that they may check at their end should the camera appear during their sorting process. I will keep you informed as and when I hear back from them.

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

We were pleased to see a larger room and so clean and tidy .. Well catered. Situated on the waterfront and out of the city bustle. Staff were always helpful and courteous. Breakfast was just ordinary. Pretty limited and basic in choice. Overall we were happy.

Stayed: August 2014

Dear Judith S,
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your room and found it to be clean and tidy.
I'm so glad that you found that you enjoyed our location and found our staff to be always helpful and courteous.
I do hope that will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel the next time that you are visiting Edinburgh.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Foe a group of four the room was barely big enough. The sofa bed was satisfactory but left no space to move around the room.It is also disappointing to find that the hotel does not have any rooms with a bath. The breakfast, whilst okay did not change at all so if you didn't like 'scrambled egg', and hard sausage there was no cooked alternative.

Room Tip: If you like a bath this hotel is not for you. Family room was small.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Skoosh

Dear S G,
Thank you so much for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm glad that you found our hotel to be clean and that you enjoyed our location.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel in the future.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We enjoyed our stay the staff were very friendly and helpfull rooms nice and clean
Good location for a visit to the royal yacht which is just across the road from the hotel
Transport into city is just outside hotel very good bus service plus there is a night service for anyone wanting to stay in the city

Room Tip: We were on the forth floor and towards the rear so it was nice and quiet and we had no problems with...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Doug B,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay, found our team to be very friendly and helpful and your room to be nice and clean.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed our location with its easy access to the local amenities and also the city centre via the very frequent public bus service which runs from just outside the hotel.
I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is the usual product from HIX with free parking, internet and breakfast. The rooms were small but well layed out and quiet. The hotel is a 10 minute bus trip from Edinburgh centre and a 5 minute walk from the Royal Yacht and shopping centre.

Stayed: July 2014
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear J L,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay.
I'm so glad that you found your room to be well laid out and quiet and that you were able to take advantage of of our free parking and wi-fi.
I'm delighted that you enjoyed our location and I do hope that we may have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. Nice, clean rooms, good temperature control, great breakfast, and convenient bus stop right outside the door. Close walking distance to Britannia, and some great restaurants nearby in the canal area.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GMexpressedinburgh, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh - Waterfront, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Mike K,
Many thanks for reviewing your recent stay with us.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed all aspects of your stay and I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.