“Dull food, bad service”

Price range: US$0 - US$19
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Southside & Holyrood
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The food here is basic at best; dry kebabs, watery, bland sauces. The steps down to the bathroom are deathtraps, with 3 of our party almost slipping down them, despite previous warnings from other guests! The service from one young man was fine, but another - who seemed his superior - was incredibly rude, including reminding our table no less than 4 times that there was a queue outside, and a speedy finish would be appreciated. To top it off, the food was completely over-priced for what is was. I can only imagine that with the Edinburgh Festival in full flow their prices went up and their standards went down.

2  Thank RexDarling

Reviewed 31 August 2014

All staff were welcoming and friendly, the restaurant had a nice intimate atmosphere and food was served quickly. Waiters really knew what they were talking about, I had the sea bass and it was one of the most delicious meals I've ever eaten in a restaurant. My friends and shawarma and fatuous hand lamb rice. Everyone loved the meal. Can't wait to return!

Reviewed 28 August 2014

This place looks really nice and we went in for dinner recently. We thought we would treat ourselves to a nice meal. But we were very wrong. The food was really average and waiters seemed not very interested. The lamb we ordered had so much fat it was unbelievable. Our friend also had a snapfax but was rejected. I dont know why they put a discount advert if they not going to honour it. Very expensive for food that was average. Im sure other kebab places nearby would have served better for only a few pounds.

3  Thank TrueScotsMan1
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Went to Beirut during the festival time for a preshow meal with my friends. The food was served quick despite that the restaurant was full and there was a long queue outside. The food was very tasty and fresh and came in good quantity. Service was quick and flawless. Would definitely come back after the festival as I was told there would be more variety of choice of the regular menu and better value for money.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Went there on the 24th at 8ish, placed was packed and no reservation. They found us a table in within 10 minutes and food has been served reasonably quick for the people seating. I had hummus with lamb and mixed grill which they were both really tasty and nice portioned. Definitely recommended and I'll be back after the festival when I think there will be a more extensive menu'. If you like Lebanese cousine this is a nice play to try. (Bring your own alcohol on a weekend)