The Prestonfield takes you back to Edwardian, Scotland and a Downtown Abbey like world of dinner parties and strolls on the lawn among peacocks. It is a lovely peaceful oasis away from the center of the city. Not the hotel, for you, if you want to be in the thick of things, but only a ten minute cab ride to the main attractions....so if you want to retreat it is a lovely option. There is a golf course for those who want to play and although, I wasn't able to sample it, one of the best restaurants in Edinburgh.
I would definitely recommend this hotel. The staff was incredibly helpful. When they were sold out and I wanted to extend my stay. They found a room at their sister hotel and did it with incredible grace and charm. I also loved chatting with the doorman as I learned the history of the hotels peacocks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland