My girlfriend and I have just had a couple of days at the Prestonfield, and were immensely impressed. We've been fortunate enough to stay in the best reviewed hotels in London, York and Paris (none of which are the Ritz as the mad old fuddy duddy below seems to think) and this ranked comfortably alongside them!
The staff were wonderful, answering all of our requests happily. I even asked to borrow and hdmi cable to plug my laptop into the TV, and we returned to our room to find one. Real 5 star hotel staff definitely don't need luggage carts.
The hotel is beautiful too; a real treat for fans of boutique stays like my girlfriend. Needless to say, the Prestonfield is highly recommended in our books.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland