We went on a bus tour in 9-13 and one of the optional tours was The Best Show in Scotland at the Prestonfield inn. There is a separate hall, from the Inn, but still on the lovely grounds. We were welcomed by a bagpiper. The show included soup (delicious), superb lamb dinner and a decadent dessert. Mom had chicken, also delicious. The show was about 3 hours, with a short intermission. Lots of wonderful singing and dancing. They also had a tribute to the Haggis and then everyone could enjoy a taste of Haggis. I actually enjoyed it, despite knowing what is was and ate both mine and Moms. It reminded me of the Black Pudding that you get in Ireland and Scotland. Tables were a little cramped, but there were a few empty tables so you were able to move around and take pictures. The hall was not at all elegant, like the Inn is - I looked at pictures here on Tripadvisor, but your really not there for the ambiance. The staff were very hardworking. I got the impression that a number of them were foreigners. Overall, a wonderful experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland