We've just checked out from staying for 3 nights at this interesting hotel. The welcome was warm and efficient, considering it was a busy wedding event day. We changed room after 1st night - just as well because the 1st suite had drain smells, which meant windows had to be open the whole time, plus the mirror was broken (bracket smashed), unusable and held together with tape! - no comment from staff - just found out when we went to use it but could not! Second room was fine. On transfering our luggage for us they left all our hanging clothes! when asked / reminded, they did get them but promptly put them into another suite ..... but ot ours! So very anoying and frustrating, although I must add they did apolgise and were nice about it. Our Sunday lunch was cold, plus a 7pm room service snack, took 1.25 hours when the hotel was quiet! So, for a 5 star expensive hotel, our thoughts are somewhat mixed, and likely to try somewhere else next time! I should also add the building is amazing, with some slightly odd style and clutter making everything very tight for space. Example is the reception, which is crazy cramped for a key area due to large items in what is a thoroughfare route! Our 1st suite was very crowded with strange objects, the 2nd much better but still cluttered. Please note the suites are in fact two double rooms joined together to make a suite, therefore you have two bathrooms, which can be handy for some, but a litttle strange. So we had his and hers bathrooms! The main old house is very interesting and atmisphric. The separate event venue stables block, looks incredible for weddings etc. hope this helps.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland