Driving up, I felt as if I might be arriving at a private country estate. Prestonfield is more manor house than hotel. Highland cows low their heads over the fence on one side and the front lawn was adorned with resident peacocks and pheasant. The front portico leads up and into a hallway lined with cozy parlors, each adorned in its own style from hunting tartan with antler chairs to tapestry lined with overstuffed couches, all with wonderful fireplaces. Tea or cocktails can be taken in any of the rooms meaning that it's easy to find a corner or even an entire room to yourself or your party. The bedrooms are exquisitely lined with padded walls which means very quiet nights and cozy mornings. The food is superb served by a highly trained staff, though we did experience painfully long expanses between courses (almost an hour at one point) but that is easily forgiven when you slow down to take in the gorgeous candle-lit dining room and wonderful wine list. Prices are what you would expect for a 5 star hotel minutes from the heart of Edinburgh, but worth every pence. Concierge was hugely helpful in finding us a hotel for the next leg of our trip to Lock Ness - even made our reservations for us. Highly recommend the Prestonfield!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland