We booked into the Prestonfield House Hotel for the Hogmanay Festival for 3 nights.. The Ball is held in a converted stables within the Hotel grounds with the interior resembling that of a circus big tent. I have to say the festival was faultless with excellent food and entertainment
From arriving on the 30th we were welcomed with a genuinley warm greeting by the front staff and checked in by Emma, who after checking us in escorted us to our room to explain all its features
We stayed in room 5 on the ground floor which has one of the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in... beautiful.... enhanced by its four posts.. the decor is mainly red and black, quite gothic in apperance..
The views from anywhere in the Hotel are faultless and there is a tranqulity about the place in general which, in fairness, you will need to experience as its difficult to place into words.
We also dined at the Hotel Restaurant ( Rubharb) Again.. excellent.. with attentive, but not overbearing or intrusive service.. and the Wine List has to be the most extensive I have ever seen.. with choices of wine from all over the Globe and at all ranges.In fact, I believe the Hotel has a Mitchellin star for their wine list.
Really ...to sum up... When you stay at Prestonfield House Hotel, you are treated like a real person.. This hotel is run to please its guests ..not ...accountants.. You the guest.come first.!
The General Manager, (Alan) is very approachable and,can be seen ( walking the Walk ) with his staff and indeed guests which speaks volumes to me about the way this hotel is run..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland