From the moment you step into Prestonfield you are transported into a magical journey of a baroque glamorous stage set. Oozing in style and elegance, you cannot help but feel part of it.
We stayed in the Allan Ramsey Suite for a special Birthday celebration. The room is quite simply stunning full of antiques, and attention to every detail. You feel like you never want to leave. Wonderful fluffy robes, slippers, chocolates and champagne - we felt really pampered.
Our dinner in the beautiful opulent restaurant was divine with an excellent wine list which was more like a bible. I wish there was a wine list in our room with so much choice - as it would of been good to spend some time looking through it - as some of the wines are vintage and you really need to order the wine an hour or so before the meal to let it breathe. Never the less we enjoyed a lovely bottle of Italian red.
The service was great - nothing seemed too much trouble. Maybe though wait until we finish our dinner before setting the tables for breakfast. It kind of takes away from the romantic evening atmosphere. It did not spoil our dinner - however the spraying of the tables with cleaning liquid was strong and did not smell very nice. I am sure there was no chemicals as you are so green. I think though a hot cloth would of been better as I understand tables need to be kept clean.
Breakfast was freshly cooked with homemade croissants which were quite yummy. Coffee could of been better. It went too cold very quickly as the pots were not heated. Not sure if there was a selection of coffee?. If you stay it maybe worth to ask - if you like nice strong coffee like me.
Overall we had a wonderful stay and I would return. I have travelled all over the world and stayed in some great luxury hotels. I would say that Prestonfield is rated as one of the most unique hotels I have ever stayed in. Just loved it!.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland