Prestonfield
    KM Central(Edinburgh)
    Good 3.5/5
    • Breakfast included
    1,218 results
    All reviewsrhubarb restauranttapestry roomhighland cattleowners suitebenjamin franklinitalian roomlord provostramsey suitewhisky roomchateaubriandpublic roomschampagne afternoon teawedding venuearthur's seatstunning hotelupgraded to a suitesister hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 28 July 2014

I treated my partner to an overnight stay with dinner at Prestonfield staying in the Winston Churchill Suite and I have to say it did not disappoint. ... we had a lovely time, the suite itself was spacious and very comfortable - we were a little worried that it would be noisy as the hotel itself was packed for a wedding however we did not hear I thing! The dinner we had was served to us in a private space that I booked...the salon privae! I would recommend this if you want something special - your own little room with waiter service in the tower of the building that looks onto the gardens ....lovely! I can't fault this, the staff were all very friendly and service was perfect...Well Done - we will be back.

Room Tip: book a suite!
    • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
    3  Thank TwoEnt
    Reviewed 27 July 2014

Prestonfield House Hotel is a really amazing place to stay, it was a great adventure to stay there.

Was really impressed by the staff there, tall gentleman in a kilt, sounded a bit foreign, (no nametag) he offered to take my bags straight away and welcomed me into the hotel, he was very polite and welcoming. He took the bags to the reception and we followed him through, and as we followed he explained a couple of things about the hotel, and where the restaurant is. He took us to reception where Lewis checked us in, then the young tall gentleman took our bags to the room. Lewis was very smiley and friendly as well, he talked to us throughout the whole way down to the room. The room ( Number 14 ) looked very luxurious and Lewis explained a lot of things about it. We decided to have a look around the hotel later and we were fascinated by the high standards of service and the appearance and cleanliness of the hotel.

At the check-out the next morning, the tall gentleman was there again helping us with the luggage and had a conversation with us, he told us his name was Chris when we asked for his name.

Overall we had an amazing time, and I am recommending it to anyone who wishes for a nice romantic, calm and relaxed couple of days.

Room Tip: Room 14 was really nice, it had a lovely view of the garden and had no problems with it.
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Edward J
    Reviewed 27 July 2014

We had a very nice afternoon tea in our own private room. Tea was delicious and a large choice available. The food was excellent especially the savory part (not enough!) and the home made scones (with house raspberry jam!) The staff were very polite and helpful...we visited the hotel freely and made the most of the grounds (croquet) and sat in the gardens that are beautiful with peacocks everywhere!
    Shame it didnt last longer!

Room Tip: When you book your tea ask for a private tea room!
    • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
    1  Thank Melcou66
    Reviewed 26 July 2014

Spent a very enjoyable afternoon at this lovely hotel in Edinburgh - the champagne was lovely and there was a good variety of leaf tea - I had their own blend called St Andrews which was excellent - the tea was regularly topped up too the sandwiches cakes and scones were fresh and very light - the raspberry jam was delicious =. The setting is romantic and relaxing and the staff friendly and efficient - I will definitely go again The hotel has beautiful grounds and lots of rooms for private dining

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
    1  Thank FoxtrotFilly
    Reviewed 25 July 2014

I got married here last year so got the pleasure of experiencing the three 'function' rooms that we had booked (Leather room - ceremony, Whisky room - drinks, Stuart Suite - wedding breakfast) and a night in the Owner's Suit.

Everyone had a great time and raved about the wedding afterwards. It was perfect for a small wedding as the venue is like a very luxurious country mansion so was just the right size. It also enables you to have something far more opulent and luxurious than you could have in a hall with 200 plus guests.

The wedding planning was good. I did feel like the gentleman in charge of organising the wedding was a bit laid back until the actual day when he seemed quite stressed about getting everything organised. He did take on board my main ideas though and the venue looked beautiful dressed in flowers and candles.

There was a small hiccup when the night events manager couldn't get the CD player to work and we had to keep on at her until she finally used a hotel laptop. This could have just been done in the first place to avoid hassle during the actual wedding breakfast.

Also, same night events manager took a very very very long time in between courses during the breakfast, to the point where everyone would finish their meal and there would be an hour wait for the next course.

In spite of these annoyances I loved the overall experience and the pampering involved. The Owner's Suite was lovely and the perfect place to spend our first night as a married couple. The wedding breakfast was perfectly cooked and absolutely delicious. Staff were very helpful and you got the sense that they took their jobs very seriously and all wanted you to have a great day.

It is an expensive venue but worth it for a special occasion.

Room Tip: Would recommend the Owner's Suite... the most expensive in the hotel, but for good reason!
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple