We stayed here after staying at the Witchery for our previous 2 visits to Edinburgh. What can I say? Fantastic from start to finish, all staff were helpful, polite, friendly, nothing was too much trouble. we booked a double room but as the hotel was quiet were upgraded to a suite, only problem now is when we return I want to stay in the suite again, 2 full bathrooms, nicely decorated sitting room, large bedroom, plenty of complimentary water, champagne and cookies were wonderful. We has a drink in the yellow room by the real fire and could have sat there all night! Dinner in rhubard was one of the nicest meals I have ever eaten, wish we lived closer, the restaurant service was exceptional. Breakfast could not have been better, just wish i could have made room for some of the pastries. Would definataly recommend a stay here. Wireless internet avaliable in rooms and if you forget your laptop the hotel will lend you theirs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland