I always use tripadvisor to help make those difficult decisions about where to spend my hard earned, but have never felt the need to register myself or leave feedback (that's a bit too much like work when I'm still trying to draw out the end of my holiday!)
However, Prestonfield has changed all that! From the friendly welcome as we drove in, to the waving door staff as we left, everything was just like a fairy tale. Everything about this place screams sumptuousness and decadence, pefectly complemented by the attentive, proffesional service staff and delicious fine dining food (thought the petit fours were a bit tasteless (as in lacking flavour, not offensive!), but that's the worst criticism we could find from the whole stay). We will definitely be back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland