Had a fantastic 2 night stay with my husband. This hotel has the wow factor! The service is impeccable from the moment you arrive with staff who are friendly and relaxed and all look very well turned out (check out the guys in their black kilts!). The attention to detail is fantastic, even offering more lighting for the rooms if the 'atmospheric lighting' is not enough. The climate control kept the room nice and toasty. The rooms have everything you could need and more. Breakfast is fantastic, especially if you get a table by the window! I love the turndown service which is accompanied by a booklet of information for the following day including weather forecast which is a nice touch. The various public rooms are comfortable with amazing decor. Dinner at Rhubarb is superb, with immaculate service and a real treat, especially for a special occasion( better than the Witchery- if you need to choose one, pick Rhubarb!). I loved the peacocks too, despite their early morning squawking, one was doing a dance in front of our room which was a hilarious start to the day! We cant wait to go back, and hope one day my husband will treat me to a stay at the Owners Suite!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Prestonfield is Edinburgh's most indulgent retreat and Scotland's latest 5-star hotel. Rated one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Tatler/Abercrombie & Kent and AA Hotel of the Year 2005, this exceptional hotel is near Edinburgh's Royal Mile. Prestonfield has been lavishly restored by new owner James Thomson of Edinburgh's famous Witchery by the Castle. Now guests find every modern convenience hidden behind the velvet-upholstered walls of Edinburgh's most talked-about bedrooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Prestonfield reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prestonfield Hotel Edinburgh
- Prestonfield Edinburgh, Scotland