Lowest prices for your stay
£346
£333
Breakfast included
Get rewarded with One Key
1,551 results
All reviews rhubarb restaurant owners suite highland cattle leather room benjamin franklin lord provost italian room champagne afternoon tea arthur's seat stunning hotel garden room city centre visiting edinburgh royal mile wedding luxury kilts
Selected filters
Reviewed 20 August 2019

I booked Prestonfield for my wedding having never even been to Scotland before. I stumbled across the venue online and instantly fell in love with its character and grounds. Katherine couldn't do enough for me during the planning process, she was easy to get in touch with and no requirments or last minute changes were too much trouble. When I saw the venue on my big day I was blown away, it really is incredibly stunning. Prestonfield staff are a cut above, the food was outstanding and the overall feel of the day was luxurious...I really did feel like a princess there. Amazing value for money as I expected to pay much more for what we revieved. Prestonfield House certainly lives up to its reputation.

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Donna N
Reviewed 19 August 2019

Our group attended the "Taste of Scotland" dinner/show. We had a four course meal, complete with "haggis" (if you wanted). The food and the service were excellent. The meal was followed by a nearly two hour non-stop musical show that featured several musical and dance groups. The music was traditional Scottish songs and the groups encouraged the audience to join them in singing and dancing. It was a great evening.For some in our group it was their favorite on our tour.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank TykeTenney
Reviewed 11 August 2019

Our group of four had prebooked the Taste of Scotland Experience here as part of our visit to Edinburgh for Military Tattoo and the Fringe. We were all welcomed in to the adjacent Stables Restaurant which was beautifully decked out and sat at pre-set table of 8 persons. Were served a most delicious four course meal with white and red wine and teas and coffee to finish. The entertainment from around 7.70pm until 10pm was absolutely fantastic with non stop singing, dancers, piper etc. and a few dances in between for audience participation. I would most highly recommend an evening here as we would love to return ourselves next year.

2  Thank Douglas D
Reviewed 8 August 2019

We have just returned from a truly lovely meal at Prestonfield's Rhubarb Restaurant. It was for my mother-in-law's birthday and it could not have been a better experience. The staff are excellent: attentive without being overpowering; friendly; knowledgeable. The food was delicious, the portion size just perfect. If the rest of Prestonfield matches its restaurant, then it would undoubtedly be a wonderful place to stay.

2  Thank serenitypatch
Reviewed 2 August 2019 via mobile

I am doing a classification of the best place to have a afternoon tea in Edinburgh and I have to say Prestonfield House and ist restaurant: "Rhubarb" is on the top of the best places to enjoy it. When I was arriving, the front of the house is a big garden with peacocks, and just entering the door, the butler greest you. In the left of reception there is a really nice baroque room where you are going to enjoy your afternoon tea.

I recommend start with a glass if champagne or a B&B Royal cocktail, which I had it and it was perfect.

I will be back.