Lowest prices for your stay
£346
Vio.com
£327
Breakfast included
1,551 results
All reviews rhubarb restaurant owners suite highland cattle leather room benjamin franklin lord provost italian room champagne afternoon tea arthur's seat stunning hotel garden room city centre visiting edinburgh royal mile wedding luxury kilts
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2019 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding here. I could talk all day about the venue. It is simply beautiful. The day was made for me by the staff. Each and every one of them were helpful, friendly and courteous. Nothing was too much bother. My handbag broke and one of the boys took it away and repaired it for me. I had THE best day because of them. Well done!

2  Thank lizmcculley
Reviewed 6 September 2019

I cannot praise the level of service and welcome that our party of 8 received for a celebratory birthday meal. Nothing was too much.
The hotel itself provides a warm friendly welcome the minute we came through the main entrance. This in turn was complimented by the attentive staff who went out of their way to ensure everything ran smoothly.
The meal and service was top class with not a hint of trying to rush us through. We could not have ask for a better.
On top of all this one member of our party left behind a jacket. Again on phoning to report this we were assured everything would be done to return the jacket to its forgetful owner.
A member of staff offered to ensure the jacket be delivered by himself in time for its owner to catch her return train to London.
Thank you for making it such a great occasion

2  Thank 8crv22
Reviewed 5 September 2019

A supposed luxury hotel with budget hostel standards. SHAME SHAME SHAME. My wife suffers from Alzheimer’s and mislaid a voucher for afternoon tea at Prestonfield House Hotel Edinburgh (completely our fault) I spoke with the reservations manager Neil and respectfully asked if they would consider extending the same and even offered to lose 1/2 value and pay for the difference all of which was answered with a resounding NO. The voucher was over 1 year out of date and i reiterated that it was utterly our fault but asked Neil to confirm that “prestonfield House Hotel had taken the money and were prepared to provide NOTHING” to which he wholeheartedly agreed. I would have expected better from this establishment. I am told that nearly 50% of such vouchers are unclaimed and shabby establishments find this a lucrative income stream.

5  Thank johnt746
Reviewed 29 August 2019 via mobile

My son and I visited Prestonfield for afternoon tea. From the doorman to those serving tea, everyone was phenomenal. The afternoon tea made my picky 12 year old happy. The grounds offer a lovely view of Arthur’s seat. There are peacocks and some highland cows in residence on the grounds. Everything is impeccable. We are visiting again next year.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank LolaR5
Reviewed 22 August 2019 via mobile

We booked lunch to celebrate my friends birthday, all in all it was quite mediocre. The Mac n cheese with lobster at £32 was hugely disappointing and over priced for what it was, I’ve had a lot better Mac n Cheese and the small pieces of lobster on the top were over cooked and as a result tough and rubbery. My friends shared the pink lady apple pie for two and the way in which the waiter decanted the caramel sauce over same was certainly not with any degree of finesse befitting of a 4 star restaurant. We had pre and post lunch drinks and they delivered the wrong gin, we asked for Harris and got smother gin, the mistakes and attention to detail is missing from this 4star hotel, it’s down to the staff, they don’t really care! As we were there to celebrate a birthday ordinarily I’ve have told them about my disquiet however, I refrained to avoid upsetting my friend on her birthday. I’d suggest a review by the restaurant as regards food quality and service.

Date of stay: August 2019