Our last night in Scotland before returning to the US and our stay at the Malmaison capped off a great holiday. We stayed in the Port of Leith room overlooking the courtyard and Canal and our room was huge and fabulous. The bar area and outdoor patio seemed to be the heartbeat of the area. The little Fish place across the square was great for lunch; great atmosphere & the food is incredible. We did try the hotel restaurant for dinner, but service was very slow and food just ok. Very posh, upscale hotel which we really enjoyed.
Overall, we would stay there again in a heartbeat !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Malmaison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland