This was our first night in Scotland and we had a very fussy (OCD) mum and dad in tow. The rooms were excellent - immaculately clean with the most luxurious toiletries. Well stocked and fairly priced mini-bar. Crisp sheets and fluffy towels. The staff were very knowledgeable about the area and were only to pleased to help. The excellent food in the restaurant was matched by the atmosphere.
The only niggles we had was that it would have been nice to have had a porterage option as Mum and Dad are not as fit and able as they might be when it came to lugging suitcases. We managed though so wasnt a huge problem. We also found that the top of the road is closed to cars so finding the way around to the entrance required some faith - and the carpark was unmarked. Had our Sat Nav completely confused !
Certainly would go back !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Southall Travel so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland