We stayed the night at the Hotel after a visit to Martin Wishart's restaurant in Leith.
Firstly, the location is great...very close to loads of great restaurants and bars.
The staff were very friendly and helpful, but the hotel is starting to show its age and looks a bit tied around the edges.
The room (suite) was very nice, but again starting to show age....the wardrobe handles were broken, the hairdryer did not work and the shower in to the bath did not drain quickly.
The bar was busy and fun, drinks were made well and the service was excellent.
Breakfast was very good, good choice and the hot food well cooked.
With a make over this hotel would be excellent, but would still stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Malmaison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland