I stayed here on a business trip in October. As you can see by my reviews I am not a 'complainer' however I was not hugely impressed by this hotel! The hotel building is very old... Very creaky and extremely CREEPY! The overall standard of the rooms was good. It was clean and comfy! The bathrooms were small however the showers were very powerful!
Just going back to my comment about the hotel being creepy... As it is an extremely old building, it's very dark, and I quote (as stated by a member of the hotel staff) 'it's haunted'. So if like me, a young woman staying alone... Be ware!
On a more positive note, the breakfast and the evening menu, was excellent! Food was fantastic!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Hotel.de, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland