First up, this is a LONG way from Edinburgh centre. It's in Leith which is a good 25 minutes from town on the bus. Leith shore itself is OK if you like overpriced wine-bar gastropub chic - I'm not so keen. Second up, on a basic rate there is no breakfast and very little in the way of extras. Yeah the toiletries are great, but once you've got half a dozen from previous Malmaison visits it kind of fades. The room I had was smallish, no view, overheated by storage heaters (storage heaters????) and the windows were impossible to shut once open so I had to stuff cushions in the gap until I could actually see the tiny instructions on closing them in the morning. It was also beginning to show signs of wear, scuffed furniture etc..... It's fine but just lacks the pizzazz you expect at this end of the market.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland