We stayed at Malmaison Leith (Edinburgh) on a freezing weekend in March. Like most 'Mals' it is housed in a fabulous old building near the waterfront in an area that has been regenerated. There are plenty of nice pubs and restaurants close by (try The Shore, see separate review) and Edinburgh City Centre is only about a mile away. We were on a 'Mal' deal which gave us Bed, Breakfast and Evening Meal plus a bottle of wine for £99. Can't complain about that! The evening meal was from a fixed menu or you could choose to eat from the a la carte with an allowance. The food was very good and the service was excellent. The 'Mal' breakfasts are always superb with great choices of fresh fruit, juices and cereals plus plenty of choice from the cooked breakfast menu.
We upgraded on arrival and had a large suite with a comfortable four-poster. The bathroom was clean and bright with a good selection of toiletries.
One minor point - if you are a reader or just like to see what you are doing . . take a torch!
Everywhere, bedrooms and public rooms alike have very subdued lighting, vert romantic but no good if you want to read the paper :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland