I've stayed here with my wife, with friends and with the boys (all separate occasions!) and wouldn't hesitate to return.
The locations is pretty good down in Leith Docks with plenty of excellent bars and restaurants around the vicinity (albeit not noisy).
Food in the restaurant for meals is generally good quality and breakfasts are great.
There are different room grades and if you pick up a room on a comparison site for £80 expect it not to be of the highest standard, clean and comfortable but not high class - expect Premier Inn type room for this deal.
They do often offer deals with DBB which are good value if you just want to get away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland