Stayed here for two nights for business with several colleagues.
Check in was efficient considering all 8 of us arrived at once. When we all conferred over dinner it seems that our rooms varied greatly in size and views. Mine was small, clean and had a view over the water and seemed to be on the quiet side of the hotel. One thing we all agreed on was that there was only a 'heating' option and no 'cooling systems for the room'. It was over 20 degrees during the day and some found the rooms quite warm. Mine was ok with the large window open all night.
The bed - a personal taste issue - but I found mine to be very hard and this meant I struggled to sleep through the night.
Dinner - expensive but tasty and well cooked. we opted to eat out on the other night.
Drinks - in the attached bar area were very expensive. and only schooners are served 2/3 of a pint. lager was £3.80 cocktails varied from £8 up to nearly £10. so don't expect any change from £20 if you are getting a few drinks in!
Breakfast - one of my colleagues ended up leaving the breakfast area as his order was still not delivered by the time we had to leave - considering he arrived with half and hour to spare this was not good. I suggest getting there with plenty of time - checking the menu quickly and getting your order in fast! From my orders I would say the breakfast was very tasty - it just took a while for the waiting staff to get themselves organised in the mornings it seems. Perhaps not an issue if you have plenty of time to spare or are there on a leisure break.
mini bar - as usual for hotels ridiculously expensive, but some unusual and different products supplied....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh, Scotland