2nd visit to Malmaison and we decided to upgrade our room this time for which I'm very glad! Spacious room with lovely bathroom and view over the canal side.
Malmaison is at Leith which is a good 15min or £10 taxi into the city but don't let that put you off as the location is perfect if you are like me and enjoy a quiet decent nights sleep in a city!
All around the hotel within walking distance are great pubs and restaurants so you don't really need to venture into the city if you don't want to.
Would I recommend this hotel yes definitely but opt for an upgraded room as the doubles are tiny!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland