We didnt exactly choose this hotel - it was more of a "this is all that is left at a reasonable price" selection as we had tickets for the Commonwealth games.
Stayed here for two nights. Shopping in Edinburgh city centre on the Saturday before checking in - the hotel is a short drive from Princes Street where we had parked the car. In hindsight we should have parked at the hotel and made our way back into town as the usual extortionate parking charges in Edinburgh were present.
We checked in around 4pm - no issues, staff were polite and friendly.
Easy access back into Edinburgh city as we had dinner plans - the number 22 bus leaves from round the corner and takes you right onto Princes Street in under 10 mins. Regular service - we did the journey to and from the hotel 4 times in total and were never waiting more than 5 mins for a bus - could be a fluke but they did seem to be very reliable.
We did not eat at the hotel however we did have a few drinks at the bar - service was good, no complaints. Bar / mini bar prices as are you would expect from a hotel, however if you grudge it, dont use it!
The room itself was nice, no air con which was a bit of a let down as it was a hot weekend, would have expected this from a chain hotel but it did cool down a lot at night so we were not put out.
Cleanliness was good, although when we arrived there was a lot of towels dumped in the hallway - may have caught the housekeeping staff at a changeover as they were gone in less than 20 mins though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland