“Poor for Malmaison”
Review of Malmaison Hotel

Malmaison Hotel
Ranked #92 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed for two nights during the Festival. Breakfast was good and the brasserie was nice but the welcome on reception was very poor and the young lady who checked us out was horrendous - we asked for a copy of our bill and she did't even make eye contact, just typed away printed it off and put it on the counter and walked off. No "thanks for staying" or "safe journey home" etc. Not even a smile. The rooms were also very tired (we stayed on the first floor). Not up to the usual Malmaison standards.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Stewart C, General Manager at Malmaison Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

Please accept my apologies for the less than satisfactory service and customer care that you received during your stay with us. I will be carrying out a thorough investigation of the issues raised in your review and they will be the subject of my meetings with staff and management.

We in Malmaison Edinburgh strive to ensure that all of our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings, so I am very sad to hear about your experience whilst checking out.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Malmaison Edinburgh, as I am confident that you will notice a marked improvement. In addition, on your next visit I would appreciate if you would contact me directly and I will ensure that you are upgraded.

Kind regards,

scampbell@malmaison.com

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Malmaison is a gud place to stay, It s close to the newly developed harbor site, but close enough to town to enjoy the city. Best to take one of the many busses. Nightlive around the hotel includes pubs and restaurants

Room Tip: All rooms are fine!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Everything from the comfortable bed, bright light airy room, spotless bathroom and generous lovely bath products made the stay special. This hotel is quirky as well as comfortable and there are even coloured candles burning in reception to give you that homely atmosphere. The staff are friendly and helpful, nothing is too much trouble . Food was delicious and I left feeling relaxed and as if I had been there for days rather than a one night break.

Room Tip: As you are close to the Docks I think that all the rooms would be peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carol W
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here during our tour of scotland, the hotel is lovely and staff are all well trained. Room was beautifully decorated and hotel is in a good location for Edinburgh sight sightseeing.

Breakfast was also very good but service was a bit rushed.

Hope to be back in the future

Duncan

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I booked this hotel for a weekend. Room was very spacious and everything was there in the bathroom that you required. Meals in the hotel were good.Walking distance to the shopping centre and the Royal Yacht Britannia. Lots of restaurants nearby including Tom Kitchen's.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Took my girlfriend for the Ultimate Sunday Brunch (normally £19.95) per person but we had an ITison voucher. Well I can honestly say food was superb, and I would have paid the full price for the three courses we had, it was that good ! The staff were so friendly and made sure your visit was all you wanted it to be. It started with a help yourself buffet, lots of salad, fish, etc and soup along with lovely breads. Then we both opted for the Sunday Roast which was delicious. I then had creme brûlée and my friend had hot chocolate with white chocolate ice cream and marshmallows ! Thoroughly enjoyed it and will definitely be back.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

My partner & I stayed here for a few nights last weekend. We were disappointed as the room given - room 115 - looked over the back of the building, & this area is used as a cigarette break area for staff. There was some renovation work taking place which was quite noisy.

The hotel is easily accessed from the station, & has lots of nice bars & eateries close by.

Our room was spacious & comfortable, & absolutely spotless. The staff were professional, but we had few contacts with them.

An OK stay, but we were a bit disappointed overall & with such variety available in Edinburgh we would likely look elsewhere if returning.

Stayed: August 2014