10 minutes drive from Edinburgh centre. A lovely building but dark , rather drab and tired in places with lack lustre service. Our room was on the top floor and was quite small, dark and a bit shabby with a normal sized, hard double bed (not king size) and an average bathroom with no bath robes ( for this money!!) Not good value by any stretch of the imagination. The paintwork was shabby ( wine glass stains etc ), poor quality furnishings, dreadful view of a scruffy wall and no air con so we were very hot in the night. I see one of the previous reviewers mentions very similar issues .
Our travelling companions were equally disappointed with the hotel and said it wasnt normal Malmaison standard.
We had stayed at the Fairmont near St Andrews the night before ( I have also reviewed that hotel) - our room there was considerably cheaper than the Malmaison and FAR FAR better. We will not be going back to the Malmaison .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland