On arrival to the hotel we were greated at the door by a very smart gentleman who helped us with our bags and directed us to the reception. The girl checking us in was very friendly and made us feel very welcome. One tip is that you can pre-book breakfast on arrival and only pay £10 per person. We were offered an upgrade also on arrival, but we declined as we were on quite a tight budget.
On arrival in our room, we were very impressed. Very bright and clean with a great bed. Nice furnishings and great bathroom and shower. My only small gripe is that the room had an old boxy type tv, but it did work perfectly and there were over 12 channels including sky sports.
We did not eat in the restaurant, but the menu looked fantastic. We opted to have a drink in the bar and again the service was perfect. The young barman was very attentive and gave us great advise. He also recommended and made us delicious cocktails.
This hotel is slightly outside the city center. We took a bus (the number 22) which stops very near the hotel. It takes just over 10 minutes. I would say however that location is actually a plus. The city center is very busy and noisy, but the Malmaison is in a tranquil setting on the waterfront. It was great waking up and watching swans landing in the water. The hotel does have a very nice outside terrace area, but the weather was not too good when we visited, but I can imagine on a sunny day it would be very nice.
This is the third uk hotel I have stayed in this year and I would definetely say it was the best. We will stay there again if we are back in Edinburgh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland