Usually when brushing my teeth after a night in hotel accommodation I find myself making a mental note never to stay in that said accommodation ever again. I have to say the opposite was true as I brushed my pearly whites in the crisp and elegant surroundings that were my en suite. I surprised myself by planning ahead to the next time that I could possible fit in a stay at this lovely hotel. I was part of a classy hen weekend group and we were all greeted by champagne on ice, large bars of cadbury's chocolate, olives and peanuts... all kindly provided and part of a deal for the pre-nuptual party.
The meal was lovely including the best chocolate parfait I have ever tasted. A good selection of wines on the menu but unfortunately the one my sister (sommelier in one of Frank Bruni's top five) picked was not available. The replacement was suitably good.
I loved the bedroom, a huge, comfortable bed with a good colour scheme and good quality linens. I slept in no time at all and wasn't disturbed by anything. ( Another one of our party was however kept awake by pigeons on her windowsill.) The hallway decor was mainly in a dark cobalt blue and felt a little constricting when matched with a navy carpet.
The main feel of the hotel is politely friendly with a sense of humour, even down to the little notes around the taps etc It is positioned on the water of Leith and there are little coffee shops etc in walking distance.
The staff couldn't have been more helpful and made the experience all the nicer!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's the mother of all Malmaison's. The former house of ill-repute now has a reputation that's second to none, and it's also just a short taxi ride away from Waverley Station. Malmaison Edinburgh bides at Leith (as they say up here), just a stone's throw from the Royal Yacht Britannia, but offering far more funky luxury. Yes, when you want exciting hotels in Edinburgh, this is the King, not the castle. Our Edinburgh hotel puts you close to all of Edinburgh's cobbled splendours, incredible shopping and famous galleries. Then it's back to Mal for Scots dining with a twist, a fine selection of single malts and mojitos in the bar and then back to the slinkiest and most spectacular rooms in the Scots capital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Edinburgh Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Edinburgh
- Malmaison Hotel Edinburgh Scotland