“Lovely overnight stay”

Holiday Inn Express Edinburgh Airport
Ranked #90 of 151 Hotels in Edinburgh
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

This is well situated for Edinburgh airport. Very friendly welcoming staff. Rooms are very smart as is the hotel. They offer. At food at good prices and of a high standard. Breakfast was excellent. There is a shuttle bus which runs every 10 minutes costing £2.50 return.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank GSN51

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the night before our flight and to be honest I didn't expect much from it. But on arrival the check in staff were excellent, the rooms spotless and the bathroom modern. Breakfast was plentiful and the young man working in the kitchen area couldn't have been more helpful. The shuttle bus costs £2.50 each which at first I was a bit annoyed at as it is literally 5 minutes from the airport bit it is £2.50 return and for hassle free travel it was ideal. Would definitely recommend it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMarketer
Reviewed 11 March 2014

After a cancelled flight and a long drive the staff at the Holiday Inn were excellent. When I arrived at 2 am there were no rooms available, but there was one no show. Normally they hold the room for 24 hours, but the night manager waived the rule and let me take the room. Unfortunately I do not have his or his colleagues name, but I really appreciate their initiative and friendly help. The hotel is newly refurbished and needs a few more direction signs along the road. However, the decor and environs in the hotel are fresh and well thought out. I will definitely stay at a Holiday Inn again and thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2014

by travelling up the night before flying you gain another few hours on holiday. Check in was very efficient and the bus to airport in morning was easy. The hotel was very clean and spotless. I know it is just being refurbished so lets hope they can keep up the standard as it is now. We had bar meal at night, a bit expensive, but good. Breakfast started at 4.00 am, when we went down at 4.30 they were still cleaning tea/coffee machine and there was not any hot food available. Would certainly use again and would also recommend to friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Irene F
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This hotel has recently had a refurbishment. On arrival the staff were all polite and welcoming, the room was of very good order and clean. TV ... WIFI .. and tea, coffee all supplied free.

The meal in the bar area was of a high standard, and once again the staff efficient.

Checkout was easy and the General Manager a real star helping with a flight problem we had.

I would recommend staying here if flying out early, breakfast served from 4am.

The only small downside was the room was noisy with buses and aircraft from early AM.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank shamus67
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is a stones throw from the airport, with a good shuttle bus service between the two. I found the reception and dining area combined quite welcoming when entering the hotel, and seem to be very well maintained. I was more than satisfied with my room, everything was in good order, and bathroom was spotless . I was in room 151 I could see the runway from my room but noise wasn't a problem having slept with my window open, however at about 5 o'clock I was woken up with the sounds of the bin lorry doing his morning collections right out my window. The only down side was the internet signal very very poor in those rooms at the side, signal in the main reception was good however it is free. I was bit disappointed with the evening meal, not that was anything wrong with the food, ordering fish as I usually do, never realising it was cod, , as I do prefer haddock.
Breakfast was fair, not a missive choice to choose between but it was ok, If I was flying on holiday from Edinburgh in the near future I would definitely stay at the express inn again.

Room Tip: If your internet dependent ask which is the best room for the internet signal
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank saltybobful
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Ok, so I am normally a bit of a snob when it comes to hotels and when my partner booked this hotel as an overnight as part of a short break I have to admit I was disappointed. I was wrong! I remember this when it was the old Quality Hotel and quality wasn't a name you could have associated with either the building or the staff, it's changed beyond recognition.

Stayed in room 104, fresh decor overlooking the front, spotlessly clean, warm and the comfiest bed since home. Staff were very friendly and accommodating, nothing was a problem (even if they did cash up before 11pm, so room charge only thereafter). Bonus was the parking whilst away, this along with the regular chatty drivers mean this has put Edinburgh Airport back on the map for us when travelling.

In summary, change is not the word when it comes to this one, well done to the team there!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple