“Great walking tour with Peter”

Edinburgh Saints and Sinners Tours
Ranked #66 of 206 Tours in Edinburgh
More attraction details
Owner description: Looking for an entertaining way to find out about Edinburgh its history & traditions, then look no further. Yes a guide book can help you plan a tour of Edinburgh. They list the popular tourist attractions in Edinburgh but what they cannot do is give you the real stories and legends associated with places of interest and Edinburgh’s characters. This is where the Saints & Sinners tour guides come in, they bring Edinburgh Alive!! Our experienced tour guides are residents of Edinburgh this gives them unique inside knowledge, and they can also provide helpful tips, most importantly our tour guide can take you to great places in Edinburgh for that behind the scenes look that you would otherwise have missed out on. We can create customised itineraries to suit particular needs.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Very nice walking with locals tour with Peter in Edinburgh. 8 person tour as a private excursion off the cruise ship Oceania Mariner . Peter was very knowledgeable but also gave us insight into local life and culture . Pre bought our Edinburgh castle tickets ( to avoid lines ) that we did on our own after the tour. Tour lasted 3-4 hours and was very enjoyable . Felt like we got a good taste of the city. Highly recommend.

There are newer reviews for Edinburgh Saints and Sinners Tours

Reviewed 4 August 2014

Went on a lovely 2hr walking tour (Edinburgh – A Tale of Two Towns) around the centre of Edinburgh which consisted of me, the tour guide & his colleague who was looking on (I’m terrible with names. So sorry.). Great for those who already know Edinburgh & Scotland. Many an 'Ah!' moment as things clicked into place & I learnt new things. Also good for those who don't know the area at all. And not as taxing on the legs as it could've been which is always good. The guide was also good at adjusting the tour to you. He came off the script & used what you gave him. Top marks! Really enjoyed myself & didn’t feel awkward at all (considering I was the only one on the tour).

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We booked our tour with Peter in the last minute in Edinburgh, realizing that we would never be able to put the magnificent city’s history into perspective without some help. We met Peter on a sunny (yes sunny!) and warm day in Edinburgh and spent the MOST delightful four hours with him. His knowledge of Scottish history is encyclopedic but he presented the history in such an entertaining and fun way that from our 11 year old to the two adults, we were enthralled. He took us to places we would never have seen without him and got a sense for Edinburgh that truly deepened our appreciation for the city. A special treat was his showing us some Harry Potter-related sites for our wizard-crazy son. He also gave us excellent recommendations on where to eat (Howie’s skink soup would go down as one of our favorite meals of the whole trip) and what to do. And listening to his fantastic Scottish brogue was like the cherry on top! I couldn’t recommend his tours more highly!!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My wife and I were able to allot only two days in Edinburgh so we wanted to make the most of our time rather than randomly ticking off the noted tourist highlights. Peter was recommended by our hotel concierge. We were not sorry.

Peter rapidly determined what our interests and our level of prior knowledge, and adjusted his "Old Town-New Town" tour accordingly. It was as if we were being lead about Edinburgh by the best teacher we ever had -- well informed and well-prepared with maps and historic photos to help us understand, all delivered in a witty fashion, while at the same time listening to and patiently responding to our endless questions.

At the end, we knew a lot more about the fascinating history of Edinburgh, but we also realized that, along the way, we had also heard a great number of fun stories about Edinburgh too.

If Peter had been available for another tour the next day we would gladly have signed up, but alas, he was all booked up. Justly so. Do book ahead.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

My family (Me, DH, and 18 yo twin boys) went on Peter's walking tour of Edinburgh (Old and New Town) July 4th, 2014. Before this trip, I had never booked a private tour guide. I had been to Edinburgh once before, but I felt like I was missing a lot touring it on my own. Peter's tour was everything I was hoping for. Since I agree with the other reviewers, I will just make a few quick points that will hopefully be helpful:

1) Excellent personal skills for all age groups. We all had a great time walking with Peter. My sons both felt this tour was a highlight of our trip and listed Peter as one of their favorite people they met.
2) Excellent value. I am not a fan of large tour groups. I am willing to pay more to avoid that. However, Peter's tour cost was very reasonable. With a family, you can even save money over joining some larger tours.
3) Flexible. Peter asked where we were staying and then came up with a meeting place that was good for us. He also was willing to start the tour when we wanted. This made it simple to begin the tour right after our B&B breakfast service.

Peter, Thank you for a great time.