“Awesome location at an unbeatable price. Pack light, you won't be able to swing your cat around the easyHotel.”

Ranked #154 of 204 Speciality Lodging in Edinburgh
Letchworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Whether you appreciate the easyHotel or not is purely down to your priorities. For me location and price where of importance so I was content. The location could not have been bettered if I had been sleeping in Edinburgh Castle and the price was the cheapest I have known. I can only vouch for the budget rooms but the easyHotel was cramped (never before would I have considered a fan to be a necessity in Scotland, and in December too), slightly uncomfortable with all but one side of the bed touching a wall. With my pet hate of the bathroom resembling a small wet room the easyHotel is for those who put their passion of travelling before luxurious levels of comfort, thus I had to admit I wouldn't have been able to do half the things I did on my Edinburgh holiday if I didn't rely on the easyHotel. Admittedly I was initially concerned that we had no bin but a Sainsburys bag later and I was pretty much back to what I expected from the pittance I paid. The easyHotel suited me, it was the place I would go to at night and the place that assured me a good day was to follow.

Room Tip: Treat yourself. Go one better then the cheapest room.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James H
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent visit.

I am happy that you were pleased with our excellent location and found our hotel good value for money.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future

With many thanks once more for your time and feedback.

easyHotel Edinburgh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Polish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

£35 for two nights in the middle of the city close to everything,. Small room a bit tight for two of us but 1/4 price of everything else we looked at. We would book again. Its great for the budget holiday maker,

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank patriotles
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments.
It is great to hear you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I'm giving this a poor rather than terrible simply due to the location, which is excellent - and friendly reception staff.

However, really Easy shouldn't be charging anymore than £15 a night for a small room without a window. It is tiny, and I mean TINY - and I'm a pretty tiny person. This is fine for one night but no more. And even then you had better be a small person. So the low down;

Very thin walls. I hear the guy next door snoring. No doubt if you are unlucky enough you will hear other noises dependant upon your neighbours. Put it this way, I wouldn't like to be there on a Friday/Saturday night when you are more likely to have loud drunk people with no consideration for anyone else but themselves.

Very loud fan which keeps you awake.

Did I mention it is TINY? I mean, you can hardly turn round. Don't travel with more than a small rucksack or suitcase, there really is no space to fling a cat if you get my drift.

Not suitable for people with mobility issues or very heavy bags. No lifts.

So, if you want somewhere cheap-ish for one night, this is ok, purely due to the location, but really, I'd pay no more than £15-£20 a night, I don't care what time of year it is. I'd only come here again if I was extremely skint.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Billie M
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are pleased you found our location convenient and the reception staff friendly, and would like to take this opportunity to apologise if your stay was not as comfortable as you had hoped.

We understand our concept does not suit everybody and I am sorry to read it was unsuitable for you. I agree some of our room are compact, the size varying between 6.5 sq metres to 8.5 sq metres as specified on our website. We try to make every effort to provide information about hotel. On our website customers can now take a virtual walk inside hotel before making a booking.

Thank you once more for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

easyHotel Edinburgh

Travellers are raving about these Edinburgh hotels

Inverness, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel itself was in a perfect location in the centre of Edinburgh, difficult to beat if you are looking for a room in the centre for a extreme budget rate.

The rooms as you would expect are small, and the bathroom is even smaller.

I booked a large room with window and the view was good, of Edinburgh castle however it was still small. I can't imagine the smaller no window rooms being good.

The website states extras like towels, television etc cost extra however you can watch the tv without a fee and I requested extra towels a few times and was given them free of charge.

Downside of my stay was it could have been cleaner, and on one night the fire alarm went off twice around 2am which was not great.

If you are after an extremely cheap budget hotel in the city centre, this is for you, if you can afford £10 extra a night I would seriously consider booking another budget hotel such as the Premier Inn or Travelodge both of which are near by and much more comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms with a window to the front of the hotel cost slightly more, the view is excellent but the nois...
2 Thank JEHighland
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the view from your room and our central location, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm activation that occurred during your stay.
I am disappointed you were not happy with the level of cleanliness in your room. We are receiving very good feedback regarding our cleaning standards and are sorry if we did not live up to our usual high standards on this occasion.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience caused.

Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 January 2014

The room itself was compact as expected, but fine and clean. (I opted for a room without a window because it was the cheapest option and also would cut out street noise- which other people visiting Edinburgh seem to complain about from all hotels).

I was woken approximately every half an hour throughout the night but drunk people slamming doors, crying outside my door and setting off the fire alarm. Worst place I have ever stayed.

Would not recommend or return unless they sort out some sound proofing.

2 Thank Hayley303
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to provide feedback following your stay.

I am sorry to learn of the unfortunate experience you had during your visit. All hotels have group bookings and noisy customers from time to time, in particular during weekends, and we always take appropriate steps to deal with noise or improper behaviour. Unfortunately on this occasion the group in question was particularly challenging and we are terribly sorry you had to experience it.
Please be assured that your feedback is important to us and we endeavour to continually improve our standards to meet all our customers’ needs.

Once again I should like to apologise for any inconvenience caused on this occasion.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Booked Easyhotel for overnight trip to Edinburgh, opted for a Standard Room with Window.
Arrived at hotel, beware many steps to walk up before you attend the Reception (Cupboard)

Entered room on second floor and although we had a few of the Castle, I couldn't quiet understand how this was a Standard Room. Head of the bed was about 1 meter away from the bathroom, which you could sit and do all your usual bathroom business from the toilet seat! Very narrow gap between bed and bathroom too. Fan heater wire loose across flooring, and dip in the floor. Surely health and safety wouldn't allow this! Not ideal. Questioned with Reception we actually had a standard room and she confirmed we did!!

Apart from the space, bathroom near the bed issue. The room was cold and took ages to heat up. The bed was uncomfy, and hard and the two of us could not sleep. Noise from street below was clearly audible and there was a smell during the night in room, which smelt very much like dog food! There was a loud noise then bathroom tap was turned on.

Around 5am the fire alarm sounded once, for a few seconds and then again for slightly longer. Exited room to see staff saying not to worry, sometimes if someone has a shower it sets the alarm off! I have never known steam of a shower to set off a fire alarm!

When returning keycards, not asked how was our stay, only because I assume staff know the answer.

I would not recommend this 'hotel'. I do understand it is a budget hotel, but there is budget and then there is an Easyhotel. It's all about the money, make as many cramped rooms as possible, instead of fewer, but larger and more comfortable rooms that I am sure would be more enjoyable.

Not worth the price, at all. Will avoid the Easy franchise in any of their forms!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
1 Thank Andy R
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on your stay at easyHotel. I am truly disappointed you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I am sorry to hear you found the room too small. Our compact rooms enable us to offer to our customers very competitive rates compared with other hotels in city centre. Information about our concept and varying room sizes can be found on our website. Thank you for pointing out the issue regarding the floor - we will pass this on to our maintenance team.

Once again thank you for your comments and we are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 December 2013

I am not sure if that was a good deal or not. Me and my partner we usually prefer budget hotels in the weekend escapes which is why we chose this hotel. We chose a room with window and when we entered the room half of the room was covered with window with a beautiful view. Ofcourse when we first go in the room was very cold and we turned the tiny heater on. But because the windows are so old we could see the cold breeze coming in the room. We ended up not being able to sleep all night simply because the tiny room could not warm up. We couldnt even take shower as the room was absolutely freezing! Next morning we asked for a solution and they gave us this portable heater which was a little bit better but because the room is so small there was hardly a place to pass to the toilet when we placed the heater. To be honest even if it was a budget hotel we expected to have at least a warm room which is a basic thing to provide! Next time we go to Edinburgh we will definitely go for another hotel as there are many other budget hotels with good locations. It was not a perfect experience really. I would not recommend.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Fififi2011
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving us feedback regarding your stay at EasyHotel Edinburgh. I apologise if your stay was not as comfortable as you had hoped.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the view from your room. However, we are sorry to hear that you were not fully satisfied with your room due to the cold. As with many other hotels in Edinburgh, we are situated in a historical building and are therefore unable to fit double glazing in certain rooms. However, we do offer additional heaters and standard rooms with a single window which may have been more appropriate to your needs.

Comments like yours are important to us as they help us to highlight areas for improvement.
Thank you once more for your time and feedback.