US$375
US$334
  • Restaurant
Ibis Edinburgh Centre Royal Mile(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$193
  • Room Service
US$245
US$221
  • Pool
Cairn Hotel Edinburgh(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$108
  • Bar/Lounge
Apex City of Edinburgh Hotel(Edinburgh)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$152
  • Restaurant
All reviewsstandard room with a windowrooms are smallplace to sleepwhat it says on the tinearly checkbed was comfortableplenty of hot waterprinces stcoffee machinestayed here for one nightcastle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 March 2014

If you're looking for a place to crash for a night, then this is it!

It cost us a jawdropping 19 pounds for the night. In exchange we got a hotel which was as central as it gets (the whole city was a short walk away) and super clean room with a super clean loo.

But, you do get what you pay for! The rooms, thus, are t-i-n-y. There's literally more space on the bed than off it, and two backpacks in the doorway were enough to leave no floor space visible. The loo looks like it was designed for a train, and its fairly possible to shower, poop and brush your teeth at the same time. But at these prices, I wasn't one to care.

Stay here if you're on a budget, you shouldn't regret it. At least we didn't.

Room Tip: The non-window rooms aren't bad, really. They're decently ventilated. I have a history of feeling suffocated and getting dust allergies, but I slept like a log here.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank prayashgiria
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us.
I am delighted to hear that you found our hotel clean and very well located.
and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Whether you appreciate the easyHotel or not is purely down to your priorities. For me location and price where of importance so I was content. The location could not have been bettered if I had been sleeping in Edinburgh Castle and the price was the cheapest I have known. I can only vouch for the budget rooms but the easyHotel was cramped (never before would I have considered a fan to be a necessity in Scotland, and in December too), slightly uncomfortable with all but one side of the bed touching a wall. With my pet hate of the bathroom resembling a small wet room the easyHotel is for those who put their passion of travelling before luxurious levels of comfort, thus I had to admit I wouldn't have been able to do half the things I did on my Edinburgh holiday if I didn't rely on the easyHotel. Admittedly I was initially concerned that we had no bin but a Sainsburys bag later and I was pretty much back to what I expected from the pittance I paid. The easyHotel suited me, it was the place I would go to at night and the place that assured me a good day was to follow.

Room Tip: Treat yourself. Go one better then the cheapest room.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank James H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to record your comments regarding your recent visit.

I am happy that you were pleased with our excellent location and found our hotel good value for money.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future

With many thanks once more for your time and feedback.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

£35 for two nights in the middle of the city close to everything,. Small room a bit tight for two of us but 1/4 price of everything else we looked at. We would book again. Its great for the budget holiday maker,

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank patriotles

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your positive comments.
It is great to hear you are satisfied with your stay at our hotel and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 30 January 2014

I'm giving this a poor rather than terrible simply due to the location, which is excellent - and friendly reception staff.

However, really Easy shouldn't be charging anymore than £15 a night for a small room without a window. It is tiny, and I mean TINY - and I'm a pretty tiny person. This is fine for one night but no more. And even then you had better be a small person. So the low down;

Very thin walls. I hear the guy next door snoring. No doubt if you are unlucky enough you will hear other noises dependant upon your neighbours. Put it this way, I wouldn't like to be there on a Friday/Saturday night when you are more likely to have loud drunk people with no consideration for anyone else but themselves.

Very loud fan which keeps you awake.

Did I mention it is TINY? I mean, you can hardly turn round. Don't travel with more than a small rucksack or suitcase, there really is no space to fling a cat if you get my drift.

Not suitable for people with mobility issues or very heavy bags. No lifts.

So, if you want somewhere cheap-ish for one night, this is ok, purely due to the location, but really, I'd pay no more than £15-£20 a night, I don't care what time of year it is. I'd only come here again if I was extremely skint.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Billie M
easyHotel_Edinburgh, Manager at easyHotel Edinburgh, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

We are pleased you found our location convenient and the reception staff friendly, and would like to take this opportunity to apologise if your stay was not as comfortable as you had hoped.

We understand our concept does not suit everybody and I am sorry to read it was unsuitable for you. I agree some of our room are compact, the size varying between 6.5 sq metres to 8.5 sq metres as specified on our website. We try to make every effort to provide information about hotel. On our website customers can now take a virtual walk inside hotel before making a booking.

Thank you once more for your feedback and for taking the time to share your experiences with us.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel itself was in a perfect location in the centre of Edinburgh, difficult to beat if you are looking for a room in the centre for a extreme budget rate.

The rooms as you would expect are small, and the bathroom is even smaller.

I booked a large room with window and the view was good, of Edinburgh castle however it was still small. I can't imagine the smaller no window rooms being good.

The website states extras like towels, television etc cost extra however you can watch the tv without a fee and I requested extra towels a few times and was given them free of charge.

Downside of my stay was it could have been cleaner, and on one night the fire alarm went off twice around 2am which was not great.

If you are after an extremely cheap budget hotel in the city centre, this is for you, if you can afford £10 extra a night I would seriously consider booking another budget hotel such as the Premier Inn or Travelodge both of which are near by and much more comfortable.

Room Tip: Rooms with a window to the front of the hotel cost slightly more, the view is excellent but the noise is a downside. Go rear if you need a bit less noise.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JEHighland

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the view from your room and our central location, and I apologise for the inconvenience caused by the fire alarm activation that occurred during your stay.
I am disappointed you were not happy with the level of cleanliness in your room. We are receiving very good feedback regarding our cleaning standards and are sorry if we did not live up to our usual high standards on this occasion.

I apologise once again for any inconvenience caused.