“Wonderful haven in a beautiful city”

Emmaus House, Edinburgh SCIO
Ranked #49 of 393 Edinburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at Emmaus recently and had a wonderful few days .The atmosphere was so relaxing after a busy day sightseeing and eating together around a large table was great .I also appreciated the prayer times .thank you everyone for making my stay so enjoyable.I shall certainly be telling everyone about this little gem in the heart of the city .

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank tannercarton39
There are newer reviews for Emmaus House, Edinburgh SCIO

Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed at Emmaus House in August this year. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Wonderful people and great atmosphere. Excellent accommodation. I can thoroughly recommend staying at this B & B. Judy.

Room Tip: Our room was at the back of the property. Lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I have stayed at Emmaus House a number of times, and I keep returning because of the wonderfully warm welcome, and comfortable rooms, and great location close to the city centre. a real home-from-home. thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mariec111
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My stay at Emmaus House was one of the highlights of my 3 month trip. Janet, Andrew, Jonathon and their helpers were always warm and friendly and my room was very clean and comfortable. The meals were delicious and I enjoyed the idea of the communal eating so that I felt that I was amongst friends - not just passing through yet another accommodation. It is also handy to the city centre. I will certainly return when I am in the city next.

Room Tip: Try to book early especially if you want to be there during Tattoo/Festival time - rooms this nice g...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We stayed two nights at Emmaus House on august 2013, the host is so kind (very welcoming and she called a taxi for us) and our room was cleaned and lovely! The house is closed to the city-center (15 min by walk) and we really fell in love with the city which look like a medieval city, enjoyable, with a lot of restaurants (the thai in front of the castle is amazing) and bars. Visiting cimetery at night is a must to do!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alabama713
Reviewed 30 August 2013

This was my first stay at Emmaus House yet i had the sense i had been there before - i feel this is because of the warmth and made to feel at home sense that i experienced as soon as i walked in. This has much to do with Janet who if you're lucky will be the first person you meet. She is an amazing host.

It is a guesthouse and retreat. Open to all from different walks of life. And maybe that has something also to do with the acceptance that is tangible here as well as a sense of some 'spiritual arms'. The latter are not imposed on you though and indeed if one does not adhere to any spiritual belief, my feeling about Emmaus is one of an unconditional loving community.

I came here with a friend, who already knew about Emmaus and who also was keen to stay with me at this little treasure in Gilmore place. We came to explore the last of the Edinburgh festival. I loved it. I also want to add that my stay here felt just as exciting and inspirational. It is not your traditional guest house. It is more like a home with a something else that i cant find the words for. So i hope i can encourage others to come here and find the words that i'm looking for!

i enjoyed the spaces of sharing -there if we want to share. As round a breakfast table filled with all the tasteful essentials to wake us up. And i love the coffee!

And i'm remembering the quiet holding spaces. To keep me going until I visit you again.

So thank you Janet. And see you soon hopefully...

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Edinbrough was a great start of our holiday in Scotland and was made perfect by our stay in Emmaus guesthouse. We've met amazing people and heard the best stories and traveling tips at the breakfast table. The building itself is very nice as is the garden wich looks perfectly suited for spiritual and religious purposes as well. Above all it was a great place to relax and we were really enjoying the hospitality.

Thanx guys