Have stayed here for a few years, when rooms are available. Polite staff, most rooms 4 star and well appointed. Have recently installed a lift, which is why I now can write this review...........beautiful staircase, but killer steps. Eaten in restaurant once, a few years ago and disappoining, apart from that, I have always enjoyed this Hotel, more so, than the larger more upmarket hotels.
The Royal Scots Club is in fact a club, but rooms available to non members, and there is only one room (members lounge) not open to the public. The property has the feeling, and quality of decor, of one of the larger London clubs, without the stuffiness. Simply brilliant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland