The hotel situated near the new town with approximately 10-15 minutes walk from Edinburgh waverley train station.
It used to be a private club for veterans of Scottish regiments, which give it a unique atmosphere. We stayed in the standard room(15) on B1 floor, which actually not a basement. There is only 2 room in the area, which is very private and quiet. The room equiped with everything you can think of: bath tubs, molton brown shower kit, double bed, a sofa, flat screen TV, big closet, and even the iron with iron board. The room even has a small kitchen with microwave, folk & spoon, pot, and plate everything! It also has wireless internet in the room.
The breakfast was amazing! You got full scottish breakfast. They made a really nice Croissants.
Overall very pleasant stay, perfect getaways, highly recommended.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland