After reading previous reviews about the 'basement rooms' I was slightly concerned when we were checked straight into one on arrival. But I had nothing to worry about. The room was great the decor was classic and well finished and the beds were very comfortable. The dining experience in the dining room and the comfort of the old bar were highlights. Despite the club being full of golfers (it was Open weekend) the staff were fantastic, helpful and as friendly as it gets. Class establishment and lots of fun for someone looking for a slightly old world experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland