I booked a room at The Royal Scots Club through laterooms.com and thought it was a reasonable rate for a room in a convenient location of the city until we saw the room, and we were caught totally off guard.. It was the "Mews Cottage" which is inconveniently located a long block and half around the back of the hotel with an outside door double locked . On check- in the receptionist tried to convince us that it was very nice roomy and private...sure. All the windows and the front door faced a construction dumpster which a worker had still been loading on our first afternoon's stay. Even with closed windows it was very noisy. The front desk was helpful enough with other things but would not give us another room in the hotel even though we would have paid extra for another room within the hotel . They certainly would not have been able to re-rent this Mews Cottage so easily. You cannot access the hotel through the back door unless someone walks down 3 flightsof steep stairs and opens it, and the staff seems very limited since no one was ever available. The alley which we had to walk around was not well lighted and so dark in the evening that we carried a flashlight. Taxi drivers had to stop at the front of the hotel to get exact directions to drive around to the back to access the Mews Cottage. The 2 bedroom apartment may work nicely for a family since it was neat and clean but was definitely not an enjoyable stay for my husband and me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland