Visiting Edinburgh at short notice on one of the busiest weekends of the year (lucky us!), came across what seemed like the last two hotel rooms available anywhere, at the Royal Scots Club. Located in a quiet residential street near a park, has cosy facilities, charming rooms, clean bathrooms. Nice cooked breakfast in a sunlit room.
Some other reviews comment on the walk up the hill, but it’s under 10mins up to George Street [bars/restaurants] and a few minutes downhill to Princes street for some shopping - remember, Edinburgh is hilly!
As the club was originally founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War, spend some time checking out the wonderful photographs, memorabilia, and memorials throughout the building. This was a plus.
And, we enjoyed the piper greeting on our arrival. <sorry, that was for the wedding downstairs, but timing is everything….>.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in one of Edinburgh's finest Georgian streets this is a rare combination, the charm of a country house hotel with a cosy club atmosphere. Founded in 1919 as a tribute to those who fell in The Great War The Royal Scots Club is proud of its heritage. Courtesy, personal service and warm hospitality are at the very heart of the Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Royal Scots Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Scots Club Hotel Edinburgh
- The Royal Scots Hotel
- Royal Scots Hotel
- The Royal Scots Club Edinburgh, Scotland